Subject: Pledge Manger opening, and I'm still none the wiser rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really as per the topic title. I backed for a whole dollar, largely to give me more time to find out about the game. But there's still almost nothing out there. I don't remember earlier CMON games like Zombiecide or Blood Rage being anything like as mysterious.

And I know from films and video game that a lack of prerelease information is rarely a good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same boat here. Right now, I'm saying bye-bye to that dollar. Haven't seen enough to make me commit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
There really isn't a reason to rush your decision at the moment. For their past kickstarters you could use the pledge manager right up until they start shipping and even a bit beyond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
There really isn't a reason to rush your decision at the moment. For their past kickstarters you could use the pledge manager right up until they start shipping and even a bit beyond.

This is manifestly incorrect.

Blood Rage had a last minute window to back but I recall nothing else before or since working that way.

You can wait until the last day of the pledge manager, but once it closes you are unlikely to have any option to get the Kickstarter package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Really as per the topic title. I backed for a whole dollar, largely to give me more time to find out about the game. But there's still almost nothing out there. I don't remember earlier CMON games like Zombiecide or Blood Rage being anything like as mysterious.

And I know from films and video game that a lack of prerelease information is rarely a good sign.

I feel like Z:BP was about the same level of info. Previous seasons of Modern as well?

Do you like the Zombicide family of games? If so, the level of Zcide DNA in this game (from what we have seen), is likely strong enough to make you happy.

If you are not a fan of other stuff in the Zcide universe, I suspect you won't be amused by MD either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of hoping something happens to make me definitively not want to back. It's not like I need more stuff lying around in the painting queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to get this as a late backer, but I will need to be happy with BP until MD season 2 (hopefully). I blame it all on the unexpected Mechs and Minions as well as the Kingdom Death Reprint KS announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I have exactly the opposite problem: what NOT to pledge for, considering the money I (don't) have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I'm kind of hoping something happens to make me definitively not want to back. It's not like I need more stuff lying around in the painting queue.

I know, right? I'm still trying to somehow justify not painting it because there is just too much stuff at once but I'm not sure if that'll work.

fubarbox wrote:
I wanted to get this as a late backer, but I will need to be happy with BP until MD season 2 (hopefully). I blame it all on the unexpected Mechs and Minions as well as the Kingdom Death Reprint KS announcement.

For me, Mechs vs. Minions has to wait -- it's not like there are exclusives in there. And KDM will be bought regardless, but just the core game as I definitely have to make sure I like it enough to spend that much money on add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the 2nd to last update (August 31), they are actually still in the process of fine tuning the game and creating the story-campaign mode. That update included a new version of the dashboard. So I think the reason we haven't heard any more details yet is because they are still working on it.

The pledgemanager closes October 23rd. In my experience (and they kinda say this), it looks like you could up your pledge AFTER that date...BUT...it will ship from the U.S. hub. So if you are in the U.S., this just may be an option (I believe I upped my dollar pledge for Blood Rage a few weeks after the pledgemanager 'closed'). If you are outside the U.S., your pledge would still ship from the U.S., which would really increase your shipping costs, and custom fees, and Vat, etc.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Dormammu wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

This is manifestly incorrect.

Blood Rage had a last minute window to back but I recall nothing else before or since working that way.

You can wait until the last day of the pledge manager, but once it closes you are unlikely to have any option to get the Kickstarter package.

I raised my $1 pledge on Black Plague well after the base game shipped and just slightly before the expansions shipped.

The update itself says "If you fail to finalize your pledge by the deadline, your order will be shipped later and from the USA hub, incurring higher shipping costs and possible customs fees for international backers." Not exactly a hard deadline, though probably not a good idea to push it if you're not in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
cormor321 wrote:
The update itself says "If you fail to finalize your pledge by the deadline, your order will be shipped later and from the USA hub, incurring higher shipping costs and possible customs fees for international backers." Not exactly a hard deadline, though probably not a good idea to push it if you're not in the US.

Nope. Quite a bit higher shipping costs and a delay in getting your game?

At any rate, I hope we at least see the Reptisaurian sculpts before the pledge manager closes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I so badly wanted another video of the gameplay, especially one done by a third party. Another video may convince I need both but unless they do, I will just just to pass on this and put my money towards the upcoming Kingdom Death Monster Kickstarter. If it's a great game I am sure there will be a second season Kickstarter that I can jump all over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me as another one who was hoping for more by now. At this point, I may just wait and pick it up when it inevitably goes on sale next Black Friday or Tabletop Day for +/-$55. I've got so much else that I know I wants at this point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hopfer
msg tools
I still haven't gotten a link to the pledge manager, I was a late backer but it is well beyond the 4 weeks that the initial email said. Should I be worried?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Helie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't worry too much, I just received the email, today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davey
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felangus wrote:
I still haven't gotten a link to the pledge manager, I was a late backer but it is well beyond the 4 weeks that the initial email said. Should I be worried?

You don't need an email. I just went to the pledge manager and logged in. https://ckpm.coolminiornot.com/login. Already made my pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McCourt
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah the PM is supose to be open but many including myself can't get it to work or request a new password (No email with link and 500 error when trying to request password reset). Its been over 24 hours and still no response for CMON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
Yea, same boat.

Late pledge in August, paid my $120 and now I can't login to the PM at all and no e-mail for the PM either.

Still no response from CMON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the reason there's no response from CMON is because it sounds like a bug in the system and they are trying to figure out what it is. They definitely want to take more of your money

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Duminil
France
flag msg tools
I opened a support ticket yesterday and I just got my link 1 hour ago (not sure if it's related to the support ticket).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PerAnton Larsson
Sweden
Örnsköldsvik
flag msg tools
I got my E-mail a few hours ago, I did the late pledge as well.

I'm a little confused though about the "Tile Set" Add-On

In the Lightbringer level you get the Lava and Crysal tiles + The Campaign Book. At least from what I can tell on the pictures and updates.

Does that mean that if I buy the Add-On I get an excess Crystal Lava Campaign Book? Along with excess tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
[I'm re-using my post from another thread]

$1 pledge here.

During the campaign I checked KS a lot, and was teetering on Lightbringer + Assasins vs. Hellephant.

But as a psychologist and sometime behavioral economist, I also know, that I get irrational during campaigns, so my "pledge or not?" questions are these:
1.) Would I get this stuff, at that total price, in my local games store?
2.) Would we play this game instead of Shadows of Brimstone (our current campaign game), Descent or Mice and Mystics (two other tried and tested games on the shelf, that don't get much table time)? (not to mention Arcadia Quest and Middara which haven't been delivered yet, and Folklore which still has an open PM)
3.) Should the environment be burdened with shipping this across the globe for me? (a wholly other motive for me, which I find useful to bring into considerations of this kind, so there's a different frame than money and games)

The answer for all three, this time, is "no". I don't need Massive Darkness at all.

I decided that if anything, I'll revisit the Folklore pledge manager later. I definitely won't be getting both of these games, and given a forced choice, I'm not all that interested in the Massive Darkness gameplay or theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But .... FOMO?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Duminil
France
flag msg tools
maldrok wrote:

Does that mean that if I buy the Add-On I get an excess Crystal Lava Campaign Book? Along with excess tiles.

IIRC, yes, with the Tiles Set add-on, you get a copy of the core box 9 tiles + the stretch goals crystal/lava tiles and campaign.
It's one of the three add-ons that don't bring new things to the lightbringer pledge, only more things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.