Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I missed getting this in the kickstarter. I picked up the 5th player for another $25, but this expansion is going for $65-$100 most places.

is it really worth it?

Are there any other "must have" expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think so.

Mystics I found make the game a bit harder to get up and going (it's a bit more explanation) and felt a bit too overpowered for new players (all in my opinion, of course). I've started leaving them out of games I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That price must be due to the expansion currently being out of print. I assume that CMON will do another print run of this and have it available again.

However, if they don't and the prices stay this high, I would say "no, not worth it". I like the mystics and play them in every game, but they wouldn't be justified at that cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not. It's cool, but not worth $60-$100. I'd say it's worth the typical $25 as the minis are cool and they add some nice abilities. Wait for it to come back in stock and buy it then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.