Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: How specific is the requirement for body slot equipment? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how specific the body slot equipment requirements are. For example, Silas can equip a Sword in his body slot but does that mean he can ONLY equip a Sword card there or can he put any of the other sword variants there? (Short Sword, Great Sword etc)

I am also wondering about magic item variants. Nelly can equip a Dagger on her body slot. Does this mean she can only equip a regular Dagger card there or can she put a Deflecting Dagger (Magic item from Wulfsburg) there if she finds one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The body slot is reserved for any item card with the body icon on it, and the item specified on the survivor's player card. The item must be EXACT.

A sword means a 'sword' not a shortsword, braodsword or anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that CMoN confirmed that the item description must match exactly. So a Short sword, Sword, and Great Sword, are distinct weapons and are not interchangeable. Similarly, and for the previous reason, magic items won't typically be slotted for the body.

I imagine that future seasons could introduce characters or skills that change that, but I'm guessing there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, this was something that was specified in the rules:
Z:BP Rules p17 - Inventory Body Slot wrote:
• Alternatively, it can hold the specific Equipment card that
is listed on it.
Wulfsburg Rules p9 wrote:

Unless they are armors, Magic
Equipment cards can’t be equipped in Body slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin Ecker
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thank you all for the thorough replies, happy to know the official rules spell it out as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
I assume this also means if Silas has a sword equipped to his body then he can't wear armour.

Similar with Clovis, if he has the shield equipped in the body slot he can't wear armour. The only way to get the shield and armour combo would be to put the shield in his hand. Which kind of makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only one item fits in the Body Slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
Can you equip multiple shields at the same time? Like you are cornered by an abomination so Clovis puts a shield in both hands and one on his body slot and go ultra defence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
Can you equip multiple shields at the same time? Like you are cornered by an abomination so Clovis puts a shield in both hands and one on his body slot and go ultra defence.

You don't get to make Armor rolls against Abominations, they avoid them (except via a specific item).

Against other Zombies, you won't be able to use 3 Shields due to the two hands at a time rule.

Definitely, you could have Armor in your Armor slot and hold two Shields for two rerolls. Remember that using a Shield reroll means rerolling all the dice, even the successes, though.

That leaves the concept of having two Shields and no Armor. I believe there was a ruling that a Shield cannot be used to reroll a Shield-sourced Armor roll, as it's not real Armor, but I'm not totally sure. It doesn't seem to be broken to allow you to use two equipped Shields in one defense instance, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.