Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the latest update in the Journeyman Kickstarter, the 2.0 cards for all the monsters from the first kickstarter are now available for download at Megacon's website. (Are we allowed to submit stuff like this to the BGG files section?)

http://megacongames.com/downloads/download-info/q3-patch-201...

I recommend not actually folding the enemy cards if you print them, so you can see all of the card text without constantly flipping back and forth. I kept mine flat and laminated each one, and it works great. It's like the oversized villain cards in Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Printed versions of the monster cards are still in the works for backers of the second Kickstarter who had them added to their pledge. They are not coming with the first shipment wave with Blackwall and Shores of Kanis, so might as well print these now.

Also of note from the update, they're modulizing one of the original base game rulebook's story quests for Q4 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
(Are we allowed to submit stuff like this to the BGG files section?)

Only if you have permission from the publisher.

Someone more familiar with Megacon Games might be able to tell you how they usually handle this, and if asking for permission is likely to be successful or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
WANTED: Looking for someone to make me a papillon microbadge. (Its a dog.)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this Avatar of Stone? I have not heard of it before... I need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benjamininja wrote:

It's a crossover from the Banner Saga KS. No idea what its rules are though, or if it needs extra stuff like item cards, a trap setup card, etc. I didn't pledge in the Banner Saga KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
breegull wrote:
(Are we allowed to submit stuff like this to the BGG files section?)

Only if you have permission from the publisher.

Someone more familiar with Megacon Games might be able to tell you how they usually handle this, and if asking for permission is likely to be successful or not.

They include a release in the download. I print them every patch with no issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
benjamininja wrote:

It's a crossover from the Banner Saga KS. No idea what its rules are though, or if it needs extra stuff like item cards, a trap setup card, etc. I didn't pledge in the Banner Saga KS.

I think they included it because the printed card needed a keyword correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a keyword correction (the previous one was immune to ice AND weak to ice ) but there was more, it was the wrong card's back too.
They will provide a printed corrected version t with the wave 2 of Banner Saga (with the stretch goal and add ons) but it was fair to provide the pdf version, then made it part of the patch to an easier distribution (the file was on their forum for a few days now but it is more confidential than a patch/official update).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey how different are these cards? Do they make real changes, or are they just rewording? Is it worth doing?

Interestingly, I wonder if leaving them in "double wide" format isn't actually easier to use. Not sure where I'd get sleeves this big but it does make them easier to use. It's kind of annoying to take the card out of the sleeve to use it every time so I can read the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Interestingly, I wonder if leaving them in "double wide" format isn't actually easier to use. Not sure where I'd get sleeves this big but it does make them easier to use. It's kind of annoying to take the card out of the sleeve to use it every time so I can read the back.

If I were to use them unfolded, I'd probably print them a bit bigger still (resolution is good enough that it looks still fine to me with the one card I tried) and put them in 10x15 cm postcard sleeves.
Or make them smaller and use Dixit size sleeves.
There might be sleeve sizes that fit even better, but that's the two I already have that might be usable.

Though I'm probably going to use them folded and standard card size. If it's about not having to take the card out of the sleeve to read the back, just use clear sleeves. (That's what I am using.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:

Yup, I recommended it in my OP. I like it way better, and while I just laminated mine, you could also use 3"x5" postcard sleeves. They sell em on amazon.

If you do fold them, you should definitely get some clear sleeves so you don't have to unsleeve them to look at the back. That's just silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
when will they have it for sale...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
when will they have it for sale...

I've seen no commitment to retail here. Regardless, the KS backers aren't getting physical copies until Wave3 of the current Myth Journeyman KS. This is hopefully sometime in the first half of 2017. I wouldn't expect them to offer these in retail (if that's the plan) until after KS backers receive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
Still holding onto this disaster...but no new investments of any of their products
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have half of the first Kickstarter stuff and will get the second half whenever that ships. I still have more material then I can get through before journeyman comes out. I will grant you that I have also tried my hand at custom content as well as played other folks custom content, but I feel custom content is an important part of what Myth has become.

If they allow me to print my own material before they offer it officially isn't that a bonus? I think so. Printing front and back side by side ... brilliant suggestion.

This game is fun. I can honestly say it holds my interest more than any other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hang on. I kickstarted for replacement cards in their 2.0 wave, but nothing else. I haven't put the game back on the table yet since then to try them. Are the replacement cards ALSO in need of replacement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope you are good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Digitalwolfe wrote:
Hang on. I kickstarted for replacement cards in their 2.0 wave, but nothing else. I haven't put the game back on the table yet since then to try them. Are the replacement cards ALSO in need of replacement?

These replace all the monster/boss/agent cards for anything that came in the first kickstarter (beyond the base game). If you own any retail expansions or Kickstarter content, you'd want to print some of these. If all you own is the base game, you have everything you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This wasn't part of 2.0 print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
This wasn't part of 2.0 print?

Nope, it was not. The only 2.0 stuff that they've printed so far is the base game content.

The printed version of these cards was available in the pledge manager of the second kickstarter as a $2 add-on, (or free if you pledged in the 1st KS). I haven't heard any confirmation that they'll have this add-on pack in their web store afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.