Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, great rule. I love that the rules of this game are tight and clean enough that something like this can be implemented. Like the article says, there is no real opportunity for abuse by trying to "get a reaction" since this all happens while you have initiative the whole time anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MTGirl Collector
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Please adjust your brains accordingly." LOVE IT!
This is how my group plays most games; so long as no knowledge has been gained, "undos" are fine. If anything, it gives your opponent an advantage because you have just revealed information from your hand in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Stockton
United States
flag msg tools
Agree with this and support it my typical Epic pals tend to use this rule already so it's a nice addition to the complete official rules.
I am not sure I understand the second example. From the Web link:

Example: You play Erase. You draw two cards, and name your opponent’s Sea Titan as the target. Your opponent points out that it’s untargetable, and the only viable target is your Triceratops. Since you drew cards (thus gaining knowledge), you cannot undo this action. NOTE: To keep consistency, you will not be able to reverse the action even if you didn’t look at the cards you drew.

I agree completely with no going back after drawing cards. But when it comes to the "NOTE", Why would it not be allowed to take back Erase before cards are drawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suspence wrote:
I agree completely with no going back after drawing cards. But when it comes to the "NOTE", Why would it not be allowed to take back Erase before cards are drawn?

My understanding is that the note is about the situation where:

1. You played Erase
2. You drew 2 cards but didn't look at them yet (maybe your hand is face down and you put them on top of it)
3. You now want to take back your Erase and put the cards back

Rules say NOPE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Stockton
United States
flag msg tools
Thank you Greylag. It looks like I wasn't reading it correctly! LOL.
So if no cards were drawn it could be reversed but as soon as they are (whether you looked at them or not) it is set in stone. That makes much more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.