Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Welch
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just moved out to Tucker GA and are looking to see if anyone lives in this area and are avid boardgamers. We are looking to have regular game nights and need people to join us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested (and I know not everyone is), there are a number of public gaming meetups that meet in restaurants around the metro Atlanta area. And there's also Atlanta Game Fest one short month away (AtlantaGameFest.com).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xheer0 wrote:
We just moved out to Tucker GA and are looking to see if anyone lives in this area and are avid boardgamers. We are looking to have regular game nights and need people to join us.

Not sure how far you are willing to travel, but there is a very good meetup probably about 15-20 minutes away from you in Norcross:

https://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-in-NorcrossPeachtree/event...

It typically gets 15-30 people on any given night. The restaurant has good food and they give us the back room, so the setup is really kind of perfect.

I've been trying to recruit folks to join me for a game night, but since I live OTP and can't travel all that much (two small children and a wife who travels for work) and can only really host, it's been tricky. But, my wife plays too so when she is around, there's two of us. It's a start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wood
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live nearby in Smoke Mountain and would like to get together. I've been looking for people nearby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wood
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three of us, Matt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
funbahai wrote:
I live nearby in Smoke Mountain and would like to get together. I've been looking for people nearby.

I can totally vouch for Bill, he is an awesome guy.

We had scheduled a session of Battlestar Galactica at my house a few weeks back since it's so hard to get people together for that. Our family went out to dinner and when we got back home, one of our two dogs had passed away.

I let Bill and the others know that I had to cancel. But Bill came over to help me carry our dog (80 pound dogs of literal dead weight) out to my car so I could get her to the vet.

That was literally the second time I had ever met him -- we had met previously once before at our local boardgame meetup.

I'll never forget his generosity and help that need for what was probably one of the strangest situations you could imagine.

P.S.: If you guys like BSG, or are interested in learning (it's a large scale hidden traitor co-op, takes about 2-3 hours, but it's AWESOME), Bill and I are still dying to play, and that'd make four of us...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live just OTP in Clarkston,work in Brookhaven, and am definitely interested. At the moment my husband and I game about once a month with another couple, but I/we would love to meet more gamer types.

Welcome to Tucker. Where did you move from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Welch
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are actually from the area. Just in bigger digs now and looking to host some regular boardgame nights. We play with a few couples from the area and would love to get to know more.

Im currently building my gaming table as we speak (its gluing up in the garage now) and should be ready in a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xheer0 wrote:

There's a local public gaming meetup at the Jason's Deli [in Tucker]. We meet on the first and third Sunday of every month.

https://www.meetup.com/boardgames-35/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.