Subject: Auerstedt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
As the 210th anniversary of the amazing victory approaches, I find myself lacking in owning any game with my favorite general: Marshall Louis-Nicolas Davout.

Please help. This defect should be reconciled before October 14... Unless it's an OOP or GMT game. haha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle O'Grady
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mb
The Iron Marshall. Davout is my favorite too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Carnes
United States
Woodbridge
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one!! It is fantastic. La Bataille d'Auerstædt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's the Nap20 games from Victory Point Games. I've played that one and it's pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And one in the old SPI Quad pack -- Jena-Auerstadt is pretty simple if not unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteyWA wrote:
There's the Nap20 games from Victory Point Games.

Just FYI, we're in the process of updating it to a 2nd Edition version; I turned the files in to VPG for art workup a couple weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
smic wrote:
And one in the old SPI Quad pack -- Jena-Auerstadt is pretty simple if not unbalanced.
sauron
You could possibly 'fashion' some "Fog or War"-effect with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
The Coming Storm covers it at the operational level. You'll get Eylau and Friedland as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew N
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
The Coming Storm covers it at the operational grand tactical level. You'll get Eylau and Friedland as well.

1806: Rossbach Avenged and JENA! cover it at the operational level. All three are pretty good games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
wernervoss wrote:
BeatPosse wrote:
The Coming Storm covers it at the operational grand tactical level. You'll get Eylau and Friedland as well.

1806: Rossbach Avenged and JENA! cover it at the operational level. All three are pretty good games.

Saw TCS and La Bataille D'Auerstaedt in my searches on BGG & other search engines. Sadly, all are OOP. Both look like what I am looking for.

As a certain nameless publisher GMT has pushed their sale back to Nov... Are there any thoughts on Commands & Colors: Napoleonics plus Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #4 – The Prussian Army? This system, at cursory skim over, to me, comes across as more... board-gamey (?), if that makes sense. Does the Napoleonics gorgnard crowd have thoughts on this system and expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vroomer wrote:
wernervoss wrote:
BeatPosse wrote:

Saw TCS and La Bataille D'Auerstaedt in my searches on BGG & other search engines. Sadly, all are OOP. Both look like what I am looking for.

As a certain nameless publisher GMT has pushed their sale back to Nov... Are there any thoughts on Commands & Colors: Napoleonics plus Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #4 – The Prussian Army? This system, at cursory skim over, to me, comes across as more... board-gamey (?), if that makes sense. Does the Napoleonics gorgnard crowd have thoughts on this system and expansion?

It's a fun game but doesn't model Napoleonic warfare to any degree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Carnes
United States
Woodbridge
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vroomer wrote:

There are some for sale on the geek market place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually looking at picking up TCS again, but the sticker shock gave me a nosebleed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It comes with 4 maps so there's a lot of value in TCS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also hunt around for the separate folio of Jena-Auerstadt from TCS, although it doesn't come with the optional card deck. It's perhaps not easily found on BGG because BGG doesn't list the individual games separately, but you could ask around here and on CSW and see if someone had one to sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

JENA! has a scenario on Auerstadt. There is a small thread on the game's page here on BGG where a few Geeks are complaining that they cannot get the French to win the scenario.

Probably shows just how unlikely Davout's victory was!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Moruya23 wrote:

JENA! has a scenario on Auerstadt. There is a small thread on the game's page here on BGG where a few Geeks are complaining that they cannot get the French to win the scenario.

Probably shows just how unlikely Davout's victory was!

Sustaining 3 disjointed attacks. Determining the Prussians were at a tipping point. And effectively issuing orders for a Corps counter attack. With space between Soldiers being 10 yards, with no depth, in some spots... Pushing the Prussians back.

Prussian Scout to Superior: "Sir! I count enough skirmishers for a force no smaller than 3 times our size!!"

Officer: "RETREAT!!!"

Yeah. I know it's hard to simulate and game. It truly is an amazing victory the more I read and understand about the life and times, tactics, etc. of the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.