Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi. Have pledged for the zombicide crossover set. Wondering what other add-ons people are getting and why to help me make a decision. Should I get the extra tiles?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting the two mob boxes (Ratmen and Reptilasaurans or whatever they were called) for sure since they will help add diversity to the enemy pool. I'm getting the Z:BP for sure, for the same reason and since I have all the BP stuff already.

I probably will not get the two "vs." boxes since they will be available at retail and I'm already paying quite a bit for the other stuff up front. Definitely not getting the elementals because I have enough roaming monsters, the sculpts aren't great to me, and because it's way too expensive.

You should get the tiles if you want to create your own scenarios or if you want to be able to play fan content from others that are getting the tiles and using duplicates to make their scenarios. Otherwise you don't need it.

Finally, I'm on the fence about the plastic tokens. I love the ones for Z:BP but after seeing the Arcadia Quest: Inferno plastic tokens and not liking the look of them very much I'm hesitant to chip in $17 for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything, cause I have a sickness.

The extra tiles is the one thing I think you can 100% skip, unless you want to make your own scenarios and campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slim17 wrote:
Hi. Have pledged for the zombicide crossover set. Wondering what other add-ons people are getting and why to help me make a decision. Should I get the extra tiles?

Thanks!

Hiya,

So, I mostly got the things that may or may not make it to market after release. While the Mini Expansion boxes all looked interesting (except for the Elementals, I have zero interest in those for the price), I assume that they will all be available later and I can pick them up piecemeal as I have funds and opportunity.

That said, my actual Add-on list is fairly small:

- Z:BP cross-over
- Extra Dice (1 of each set)
- The Token Pack (likely will make it to Market)
- Doors Set (May make it to Market?)

Basically I like the extra bits to make my friends go "Neat-o" when they see plastic tokens and such on the board... And I love dice so...

Anyway, had I the resources to buy everything if I wanted to, I still would have probably ignored the extra tiles and the extra Pillars and Chests. But I definitely would have picked up the extra Expansions for the additional minis,(again with the exception of the Elementals).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally planned:

1) BP crossover (I have BP, so this is a no brainer)

2) Both hero and monster boxes (Spearmaiden and Hellephant) for the extra characters. The extra roamers are just a bonus.

3) Marble Dice - because one extra set is nice, and these are the KS exclusives

I will now also add:

1) Plastic tokens. Looks like they've improved these over the BP ones (I'm comparing to the update I see for Arcadia). Note, I mean improved not by the "look", but by the fact that the arcadia ones look like they can actually conceal something. My BP objective tokens have distinguishing marks and you can tell which ones are special objectives. This was not cool.

I intend to get the following at retail (but MAY cave and end up adding to the pledge):

For all of these, one reason to wait is the "unproven game" element. Will MD be fun? I think so, but until you play, you don't really know for sure.

1) Elementals - primarily because the KS version of the game already has a ton of roaming monsters. But I think these sculpts are beautiful, so it's hard to exclude them.

2) Reptisaurians - More mobs would be great, but at the price point, I think it's more wait and see. Is the game good? Once I've played, I'll know if I like enough to invest more, and also have a sense of what these mobs add to the game that is different.

3) Ratlings - Same as 2), above, except I think that the rat sculpts are cool, so I'm more likely to get them early over the reptisaurians.

Stuff I won't get:

1) Bridges and Doors. I already have doors from BP, so the only incremental add for me here is bridges.

2) the chests and pillars. We already get them, so again, there's nothing new.

3) extra tiles. These are great for your own scenarios, but I probably don't have time to create my own, so I'll stand pat on what's included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Clark
msg tools
I got in on the late pledge! Yeah!

I got the Zombicide Crossover as well as the Ratlings.

Ratlings definitely nail my kind of fantasy...dinosaur monsters...not so much.

I would like the Elementals but had to draw the line somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I am pretty sure I can buy everything from retail later for cheaper, so I will end up picking just the black plague cross overs cards, which are exclusive to the kickstarter.

I see no need to get everything now, before playing the game and making sure I would need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got:

Zombicide crossover cards
Ratlings enemy box
Reptisaurians enemy box

I'm getting the additional enemy boxes for extra variety. I considered waiting but it bit me in the butt when I decided to pass on the Deadeye Archers for Black Plague. I passed on that and I've been waiting for months for them to come out to retail. Might as well get them as soon as I can.

I considered getting the Elementals but it's already a bit pricey for $40 for 4 elementals.

I also considered the doors and bridges but I already have doors from the Black Plague kickstarter so don't need more doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ended up getting:

Ratlings
Reptisaurians
Spearmaiden
Hellaphant
Elementals
BP Crossover
Doors and Bridges

The elementals was a real struggle for me to choose, but they look they're 3 times the size of a hero figure and I guess if I don't like them I can always put them on ebay. I figure one of each mob will be really cool because we might get tired of fighting dwarves, plus I want all the heroes so the vs. boxes were hard to resist. So yeah, I got a sickness too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:

Stuff I won't get:

1) Bridges and Doors. I already have doors from BP, so the only incremental add for me here is bridges.

I waffled on this one. My sincerest "Hope" is that the final design on the MD doors will have them functionally identical to the Z:BP doors. If so, this will allow me to mix and match the six different styles of doors between the two sets in order to add some variety on the table. Especially for the special colored doors in Z:BP.

The Bridges, I agree with your assessment, however, the nice advantage to having them (for myself that is), will be for making my own maps in Z:BP and "linking" different parts of town via bridges.

mrsuitcase wrote:

2) the chests and pillars. We already get them, so again, there's nothing new.

100% agree there.

mrsuitcase wrote:

3) extra tiles. These are great for your own scenarios, but I probably don't have time to create my own, so I'll stand pat on what's included.

Agree with all of this as well. In my case, while I will most likely create some unique maps for my homebrew quests, I learned after digging into Zcide Modern, that overtime enough new sets will come out giving me lots of tiles to work with. I assume that MD will get at the very least one more season, and Z:BP is already confirmed for a Season 2 (likely more). Since all these tiles are interchangeable-ish, I am not over concerned about not getting extra tiles at this point... And, I'd be surprised if they are not available at retail later if I change my mind.

--------------

You mentioned the stuff you'll get after release and man, the hardest thing to give up were the Lizards and Rats. Even if I hate the game, they look very cool and I'll use them in Z:BP eventually... So yeah, my finger hovered over those buttons for a while... I may still break down and adjust my pledge later, we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide crossover - the value makes this a no-brainer

Extra set of dice. Just makes life a bit easier during a multiplayer game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QorDaq wrote:

You mentioned the stuff you'll get after release and man, the hardest thing to give up were the Lizards and Rats. Even if I hate the game, they look very cool and I'll use them in Z:BP eventually... So yeah, my finger hovered over those buttons for a while... I may still break down and adjust my pledge later, we'll see.

You are right. It absolutely is the hardest to say no to. Especially because similar to another poster, I am kicking myself for not getting deadeye for Z:BP, and have been waiting MONTHS for it to hit retail.

So, these two are really tearing me apart. I might just split the diff and get one of them. But then, I'd be so close to all-in, I might as well just push the rest of the money into the pot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
QorDaq wrote:

You are right. It absolutely is the hardest to say no to. Especially because similar to another poster, I am kicking myself for not getting deadeye for Z:BP, and have been waiting MONTHS for it to hit retail.

So, these two are really tearing me apart. I might just split the diff and get one of them. But then, I'd be so close to all-in, I might as well just push the rest of the money into the pot.

Yeah, I did the same with the Deadeyes myself, so glad they are nearly here.

But an interesting thing about this process, for myself anyway, was that while I "Wanted" the archers during the KS, and waffled on them as well, it was not until after I had a chance to play a bunch of Z:BP without them that it really sunk in how much of a difference ranged enemies make in Z:BP. They are pretty much a game changer.

In the case of MD, as you point out previously, none of us have played Massive Darkness yet. So at this point I have no idea how much of a difference these variable units will make to the game. Currently, I'm mostly bemoaning not having the additional variety of models on the table. I won't know how different the Mobs behave (compared to each other), until I get a crack at the game myself.

My suspicion is; The major game-changers in MD will be the special abilities of the Roamers.

However, both the Lizards and Rats have ranged attacks (or some do), but there are other units with distance attacks, The lizards have some sort of Poison ability (DOT?), and the Rats may be analogues to runners or Wolfz in Z:BP as they get more movement than other units.

Those could well be important elements for changing things up.

Hmm... I seem to be less certain of my decision to pass on these for now...*Chuckle*...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Vs packs, doors, dice and the ZBP crossover. The elementals set was too pricey for just four figures and the mob sets I might get at retail if the game is a hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get everything... even some extra doors and treasures. The only thing I won't get is the Zombicide crossover. Don't own any Zombiecide. I just love having everything and a few extras to go around and paint and such

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like most of what I've seen just undecided on exactly but most likely 1 of everything not including extra sets, not sure about the whole dice thing, I'm happy enough with a standard set for the moment.

Also is anyone else shocked how low the shipping is? I remember distinctively that Z:BP shipping was a lot more, here I'm only paying $40 to Australia for base pledge + 1 of everything when I load up the cart! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I pledged some crazy amount...like $400. I may have been temporarily insane at the time. I wish I had stuck to just a core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
I'm buying three of the core game pledges so I am not getting a ton of add-ons to start with. I figure I will open at least two sets and the third I might keep and sell later or open depending how things go.

With two full sets I don't see myself really needing some of the extras like the tiles pack, Troglodytes, or pillars and chests since you get extra with your pledge. I will pick up the BP cross-over (despite not owning BP, just in case in the future...) and marble dice since they are exclusives and won't be available later.

I plan on picking up most of the non-exclusive stuff later at retail when it's at least 20% off. This will help me disperse the cost some and save quite a bit. I might pick up the bridges and doors pack and the plastic tokens. The two sets with the heroes are also still a toss up, especially the Spearmaiden Cyclops one because I really want to play the Warrior Priest class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Hathaway
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondering... if we don't get any add-ons do we lose out on any of the hero classes? It feels like a long time ago but at the time I had an feeling that you don't get a 'Warrior Priest' class hero without an expansion.

Is this true or am I making shit up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
hath22 wrote:
Just wondering... if we don't get any add-ons do we lose out on any of the hero classes? It feels like a long time ago but at the time I had an feeling that you don't get a 'Warrior Priest' class hero without an expansion.

Is this true or am I making shit up?

No, it is true. There are only two Warrior Priest heroes and they are each only available in the hero add-on set. The other class is the Bloodmoon Assassin. Valerie is one of the heroes for this class and she is in the other hero box add-on, but Sicarius is a KSE so you will get that class with a core game pledge regardless if you buy any add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
Think I'm going to get just the Z:BP add-on and the Warrior Priest Vs box so I have all the classes. Probably would have went in for more but I'd prefer to spend the $75 on Mechs vs Minions rather than two boxes of minions ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
Think I'm going to get just the Z:BP add-on and the Warrior Priest Vs box so I have all the classes. Probably would have went in for more but I'd prefer to spend the $75 on Mechs vs Minions rather than two boxes of minions

Yeah, I'm not convinced this game is worth dumping that kind of money into..

I'm sticking with my base pledge + the ZBP crossover. If they build an awesome game, I'll come back for the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not 100% decided totally yet but currently I'm looking at ;

Ratlings
Reptilian mobs
The Hellephant set ......because HELLEPHANT
Spearmaiden cyclops set - for the heroes
ZBP crossover - no brainer if you own ZBP
Doors and Bridges set - don't have any doors from ZBP so its necessary

The 2 I'm not so sure of yet;

Elementals - with so much $$$ already down, this is a tough sell for 4 decent but not super awesome models. I have a feeling I'll cave on this though.

Any extra dice - nice to have but as above, with so much $$$ down, not feeling like this is a necessity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Johnson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally went for the Zombicide crossover and the marble dice. I've added the doors since they'll work for both games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slim17 wrote:

Thanks!

I try to get all the KS exclusives (in this case, the BP crossover set) and the rest at retail.

I broke this rule this time getting the Ratlings and Reptisaurians. There were just so many minis in these that I just dove in and got them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.