Subject: In Stock Anywhere But Amazon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

Im trying to find a copy of MoM 2e but it seems to be sold out everywhere. If I spent over 90 on a board game I would have to lose 4 sanity... Which I cant afford. So Im curious if anyone knows anywhere else that has it in stock?

Alternatively, I hear people talk about ffg having statuses for their product delivery, so does anyone know how long we should expect the current drought of copies to last? Thanks!

EDIT: so after much deliberation I decided to purchase this at my FLGS for full retail. Luckily, I had a store coupon that let me get it for the online price of $85. Thanks again for all your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barnes and Noble had several when I was there today...

You can check stores near you from their website and even reserve a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ReddWolf wrote:

You sure they were 2nd Edition? I almost made that mistake the other day... realized it about 10 steps from the register!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
ReddWolf wrote:

You sure they were 2nd Edition? I almost made that mistake the other day... realized it about 10 steps from the register!

Absolutely, positively.... thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
The title confused me. They're not even available on Amazon, and I don't understand why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your best bet right now is to either

1) Check local stores

or if you can only buy online

2) Get on the mailing list of every online retailer you like to be notified once they get more in stock.

Considering it is a new game, and it is selling well (and the fact new expansions JUST came out for it), I'm sure there will be another wave hitting shelves soon, or at worst, a fresh printing from FFG will be pushed up in the schedule. I've seen it happen in the past with other items that sold out quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yeah, I was surprised to notice this a couple of days ago as I was reviewing my wishlist. When I saw that it was only available for high prices from third-party sellers on Amazon, I checked Miniature Market and they seemed to have plenty in stock, so I grabbed one. But it looks like they're sold out now as well.

Reprinting the base game doesn't seem to be anywhere on the FFG "upcoming" list: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/ - though some expansions are. As someone else said, hopefully they'll bump the priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also a thing to keep in mind, just because stores are sold out doesn't mean the current supply of games from FFG is sold out. It just means the stores have to re-order stock from the FFG warehouse (or whatever). That's why I've seen Twilight Imperium go out of stock and be restocked at least 3 times in the past year, and it's just now in the reprint queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe "What I'm Playing Now" Leuzzi
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.whatimplayingnow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think checking local stores at this time might be your best bet, but I wouldn't expect to get it at a discount right now for as popular as it is. Many people picked it up from B&N when they had a nice coupon.

I know my local flgs has several of the 2nd editions in stock, but they are full retail price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My local store still has some left and one of the other shops I game at on Wednesdays had some a few days ago.

At this point, some outlets are going to be sold out; you just need to shop around a bit. Doesn't hurt looking up phone numbers of stores near you and giving them a call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crazy!
I saw it yesterday morning Miniature Market had 12 units in stock for $85, now I can't seem to find it anywhere. No Barnes & Noble within 50 miles from me have it in stock.
Hopefully retailers will restock it soon, specially with October and Halloween just around the corner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
OP here - Thanks everyone for the responses!

I guess I will just need to be more patient. Unfortunately I only have 1 FLGS nearby and although I will buy some things from them, I cant do a more expensive title like this because they charge full MSRP (and then some, on occasion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
Wait for the next print run and buy online to save money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Franco
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested in finding the game, Funagain has it in stock for full MSRP https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=036524

Hopefully a new batch will hit the stores soon, specially with Halloween just around the corner. I wasn't able to find any locally in the Atlanta area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.