Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brides and Bribes is a very attractive game with beautiful components. However, I am curious as to how the gameplay differs from Signorie from What's Your Game? I have played neither but I am a big fan of Madiera so I am leaning that way. Your insights are appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

The games are really different. Signorie is a resource management game (really well done by the way) in "german style" (stone age, marco polo etc..). a lot of choices There is little interaction between players.
Brides & Bribes combine a hidden worker placement mechanic with a deck building system. the game is all about interaction between players that gives a very high "feeling" about the game theme.

Here a couple of written review that can help you understand the differences:
http://www.polyhedroncollider.com/2016/09/brides-bribes-kick...
review by palladinelliott Brides & Bribes by SpaceBalloon Games

give it a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, what similarities are you seeing? I'm only seeing the theme, but obviously that doesn't mean anything in terms of gameplay similarity and is purely superficial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Ben,

Both games are workers placement games with different areas were you can make different actions.
Were the games are very different is "how" you make the actions. In Signorie you make what you choose. In Brides & Bribes you will have to interact with the other player every turn and see what happen becouse of the hidden placement mechanic involved in the worker placement phase. All players do not know what was played until it is revealed, and then they can interfere with each other (killing, poisoning, bribing and so on....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.