36.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Michael Rundles
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Name/theme/description of project: The theme of mana of the creatures and soldiers will be somewhere between Starship Troopers and 40k Warhammer of a futuristic military fighting a bug like invasion. Some of the creatures will have abilities to fly, burrow, swarm or just normal ground bug like creatures.

2. Collaboration or Compensation: Can be negotiated as this is still something I am getting more information on.

3. Budget: This will tie to number 2.

4. What are the terms: Flexible terms

5. Number of pieces: Creatures- 1 swarm, 3 flyers (different sizes), 3 ground (different sizes), 3 burrowers (different sizes) *the 3's I might be able to merge into the same image*, 7 bosses. Items deck will mostly have multiples of light troops, heavy troops, artillery, medical teams and a couple bases that can similar and slightly modified. 1 Box art approximately 4in x 6in

6. Size of art: Playing card sizes.

7. Art style desired: I picture the world of Starship Troopers when I picture the general idea of the game. It should be realistic as compared to looking like a cartoon as far as general style goes. That being said its also my first project and not looking for a Rembrandt but something that will not distract from the gameplay.

8. Deadline: Plenty of time we are still in testing to work on game mechanics but I sort of hoped to do some research on the finances of the project as we do testing.

Hope that helps but as mentioned its a first project and it will take some time before I am comfortable with trying to push the game ahead until I math hammer out my mechanics more which may take a few more months before I even consider trying to get it funded. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rundles
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So these are two images I was wanting to use for comparisons. The first image is a take from one of the movies I picture in my head what it might be similar to. The 2nd image though in far more detail than what I prefer I picture it being somewhere between technology wise. I was trying to find some pictures of a lower quality that I would still be happy with.

My main goal is going to be on the cheaper end in that it should be decent art that gives people the feel of the mechanics around it but not bad enough that the art distracts from the game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
msg tools
Hello Mike,

Do you look for things like that?

If yes, feel free to get in touch: I'm a bit busy right now but it should get better in the next weeks; in the meanwhile we'll be able to talk the details of your project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rundles
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guilhem,

Honestly time is not really an issue. This is some of my earlier research but I do want the game to be functional and solid game play before I try to even get to that point but I do figure its a good idea to at least research a little early on as this doesn't take time directly from that.

I do appreciate the message and tossed you a message .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence van der merwe
msg tools
most artists will never really publicly tell you what they charge as it is a business, so the best guess you can take is actually asking an artist you are looking to hire or do some maths; lets say it takes 15 hours to complete an image multiplied by the whatever your standered wage is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sobr
msg tools
designer
To give you a ballpark of what I ask for a regular illustration involving up to two objects of focus:

$250 - $300 per card art, horizontal, ~3500 pixels wide.

$400 per 1/2 page illustration, which can be comfortably scaled up to full page.

I do 8.5" x 11" book covers for ~$500. Box covers for roughly the same amount (I work in high resolution).

Smallish full body character portraits go for ~$150-$200 per.

I tend to lower the pricing with the quantity and always try to meet the developers half way.modest

You can see some of my stuff at www.martinsobr.com to give you an idea what kind of quality we're talking about.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolfo Hernandez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello Michael, Here is my portfolio, feel free to check it out. If you have any questions please let me know.

http://rodolfohernandez.net/

Thanks!
Rodolfo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.