Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Fischbein
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there - I'm interested in learning (and playing) 1830 (or another 18xx game - I have 1846 on p500 preorder from GMT). I own 1830, and I've been working my way through the rules and playing some solo games with the Rails program, and I was wondering if there's anyone in the Sacramento area, or perhaps the Bay Area who would be either willing to teach, or interested in learning along with me. If so, please respond here or shoot me a message.

Incidentally, I'm planning on attending the GMT "Weekend at the Warehouse" in October - if any 18xx fans happen to be planning to attend, let me know!

Thanks!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
How far do you get into the Bay Area?

We play in Lafayette ever now and then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fischbein
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
How far do you get into the Bay Area?

We play in Lafayette ever now and then.

Thanks for the speedy response!

It would certainly be worth making a trip to Lafayette (or beyond) on a weekend for the chance to learn/play with some experienced players. If you have an upcoming game planned and don't mind including a newbie, please let me know and I'll do my best to join you.

Thanks!

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
I'm based in Los Gatos and usually play down here, however a mate is in Lafayette and we also play there a few times per year. I'll try and remember to give a shout the next time we head up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fischbein
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
I'm based in Los Gatos and usually play down here, however a mate is in Lafayette and we also play there a few times per year. I'll try and remember to give a shout the next time we head up.

Thanks - I appreciate it. I make it to the south bay on occasion as well, so if you have a particular day where you're looking for more players or teaching others, I'd definitely consider making the drive.

Thanks again,
Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
JC already mentioned 18xx in the South Bay and Lafayette.

In the Oakland/Berkeley area, meetup.com/eastbaytraingamers plays 18xx every Wednesday evening, and most second Sundays. (We usually play at Endgame, in Oakland.)

In San Francisco, www.meetup.com/sfboardgamegeeks has an experienced group of 18xx players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fischbein
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Jim - I just signed up for the East Bay train meetup - hope to make it out one Sunday in October.

Thanks,
Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.