Support:

Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to pick up several of Stronghold's Essen release games. Their preorder program has prices that are just a tiny bit higher than CSI's which is good. However, there's no free shipping. In fact, the shipping price seems higher than what I'd expect if I was shipping personally.

On the plus side, a copy of the game is guaranteed and it supposedly ships before they ship to their distributors, which is potentially a big deal close to the holidays.

Anyone have experience with their preorders? How much earlier have you gotten games then from ordering from CSI or MM or any of the other online retailers? For me, I guess it's a question if $22 ($6 over CSI and $16 in shipping) is worth some sort of increased likelihood of getting the games in times for Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Jack" Onstott
United States
Carriere
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used their pre-order program and have not been too disappointed. You will usually get the games a week or two before CSI. The only thing I didn't like (same as GMT Games) is that I wish they gave you the option of shipping multiple games that were ordered at different times in one shipment to save cost. I didn't like paying the shipping twice. They need to give that option. Other than that, the packaging is great and it helps Stronghold Games be more viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased a few games through it and things went fine minus the fact that the warehouse they use doesn't automatically give tracking numbers.

I have received everything before other stores get it. The amount varies - I think I only had 504 for a few days before it showed up online, but another one I think I had for more than a month before it showed up anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I received Terraforming Mars around Aug 25

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Terraforming Mars" seems to be out of Stronghold preorder and no longer available for preorder at CSI/MM. (I.e. they have already sold their pre-release allotment.) Funagain's discount is too low for me, so I may just wait until January. Or entertain any suggestions for retailers I may have overlooked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold had a pre-order of Terraforming Mars earlier this year, I believe it closed a few days after Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done Stronghold pre-orders and had nothing but a good experience.
With the 30% off it seems to work out a few dollars less than MSRP, if I buy only ONE title. When I have purchased multiple titles the shipping per item has decreased to increase the savings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.