Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I just played 2nd game of Seasons just using the 30 cards and drafting. Built my deck around Balance of Ishtar, taking many cards that provided engergy boost and or quick cheap crystals. Now I must have used Balanceof Istar every season from round 2 onwards and finished on a comfortable 210 points. Then checking BGG I see I have the old version of the card 4 energy for 12 points. So I'm thinking that maybe this is why it was balanced :-/ but I must say it was very hard work to use it effectly almost all the other cards I played were free or provided more energy than they took and I was able to use my 2x cursed dice most turns as I never needed a transmute symbol.

So.was it Nerfed or buffed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say buff all day. It pretty much sucked in the original form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am at a loss: could you elaborate on the two different versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
And so it begins...
mb
senorcoo wrote:
I'd say buff all day. It pretty much sucked in the original form.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
geki wrote:

The original required you to dump 4 identical energy for 12 pts and was worth 2, if I recall correctly. The new one is worth 4 and allows you to exchange 3 for 12, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingmar Hauge
Norway
No way
flag msg tools
It's cold outside. There's no kind of atmosphere. I'm all alone. More or less. Let me fly. Far away from here. Fun fun fun. In the sun sun sun...
badge
Darn, I'm Dwayne Dibbley again....
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
geki wrote:

The original required you to dump 4 identical energy for 12 pts and was worth 2, if I recall correctly. The new one is worth 4 and allows you to exchange 3 for 12, I believe.

New one is 3 for 9, so each energy is still 3 points. However getting 3 of one kind is much easier to have available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.