Subject: Hands down, your favorite IP/genre kind of games of choice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IP - Intellectual Property like Star Wars, Lovecraft, etc...

Currently for me anything Cthulhu, i currently own:
[thing=146021]
[/thing]
Elder Sign
Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu
Cthulhu Dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
I like dice games. Something fun about rolling dice in games.

I won't go out of my way to get tons of dice games, but i really enjoy:
D-Day Dice (my current favorite)
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age
Pandemic: The Cure
Apocalypse Chaos
King of New York

I enjoy some Cthulhu games too... but they don't hold my interest for a long time usually. I'm always on the fence for Elder Signs (dice game too), but the excellent app version is preventing me from getting the physical copy.
The only Cthulhu game i never tired of so far is Cthulhu Wars.

Mansion of Madness 2... is awesome... but has such limited replay value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Kaiju and mecha are my preferred genre of games with general monsters and robots coming in second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Middle-Earth bar none.
I've my top 3 from this IP:
War of the Ring
The Battle of Five Armies
LotR: LCG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm...probably city/civilization building. I like starting from nothing and creating a wide-spanning network of buildings and technologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hypothetically? Transformers, for favorite IP. There aren't any good games with that IP yet as far as I know, but I'll be all over it when someone releases a good one (and please let it be a deck builder).

There hasn't yet been a case where the IP attracted me to a game. In fact, it's been a hindrance in a few cases. There's one future case though, with the announcement of Legendary: Buffy for next year, I'm looking forward to that one.

My favorite gaming genre is deck-building, without a doubt, but I don't think that's what the OP meant with the question. To the spirit of the question, I'll answer: Generic fantasy (ergo, not LotR, emphasis on the "generic") and generic sci-fi (ergo, not Star Wars/Star Trek).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies and anything WWII based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melody303 wrote:
Hypothetically? Transformers, for favorite IP. There aren't any good games with that IP yet as far as I know, but I'll be all over it when someone releases a good one (and please let it be a deck builder).

There hasn't yet been a case where the IP attracted me to a game. In fact, it's been a hindrance in a few cases. There's one future case though, with the announcement of Legendary: Buffy for next year, I'm looking forward to that one.

My favorite gaming genre is deck-building, without a doubt, but I don't think that's what the OP meant with the question. To the spirit of the question, I'll answer: Generic fantasy (ergo, not LotR, emphasis on the "generic") and generic sci-fi (ergo, not Star Wars/Star Trek).

Game mechanic like dice, deck-building, it's all good, too.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Bennett
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'd have to say anything spooky or cthulhu themed. We have Eldritch Horror, Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, and Betrayal at House on the Hill, and I desperately want to get Elder Sign and Mansions of Madness: Second Edition. Which is funny because I've never read the Cthulhu mythos, and can't watch anything horror related, even documentaries about ghosts! I love them, but I'm a suuuuuper chicken, and won't sleep. gulp

Otherwise, I prefer co-operative games with a fantasy theme, or light competition- nothing too aggressive to each other. Anything with gorgeous art really grabs my interest too, like Histrio and Dark Tales.

I've not really tried anything tied to an IP besides the Cthulhu stuff, though I love Lords of the Rings, Game of Thrones, and am a hardcore Trekkie. I really wanna get the new Star Trek: Ascendancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthulhu Mythos for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord of the Rings (or maybe Runebound if it is a wargame) for fantasy.

Android for everything else.

But I wouldn't mind some Dune or Foundation games either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on the examples given, I assume that by "IP" you mean "theme based on non-game media". So, for example, Magic: the Gathering or Space Cadets wouldn't count as IPs even though each of them consists of a family of multiple games linked by theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
Based on the examples given, I assume that by "IP" you mean "theme based on non-game media". So, for example, Magic: the Gathering or Space Cadets wouldn't count as IPs even though each of them consists of a family of multiple games linked by theme?

I see the "IP" used all the time here so I'm using it in that context.

Magic: The Gathering can be named in this thread because it's a genre, "Fantasy" unless of course I play "Counterspell".
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have a favorite specific IP overall, but like sci-fi esp. mixed with humor.

Gravitate to games with lots of "component richness"...plastic dudes and cards, dice, tokens and boards. Less into abstracts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Bordeaux
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite IP is Discworld. My favorite genre is medieval fantasy. Most other genres I enjoy or tolerate, but I really don't like post-apocalyptic or horror stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have a preferred IP per se. Do like Arthurian legends and medieval games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a love of many genres, but am a sucker for: Cthulhu, Vikings, Horror, and Pirates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon crawlers

Edit: Dungeon crawlers for genre, SW as an IP
Edit2: when I say SW it does NOT include ep. VII crap.
Edit3: hmm, I guess that's all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braden Adam
msg tools
Anything Cthulhu and/or horror has my attention immediately!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space/science fiction games. Anything with a spaceship seems to pique my interest for some reasons.

If I had to narrow it down to an IP, then Star Trek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.