7 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Is there any chance that the released AOO deck would grow? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making a tuck-box, would be suck if a future release would make me remake the AOO boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you mean the decks per Ancient One (i.e. all the specific cards per AO):

Firstly, they already have once, in Forsaken Lore - so if you don't have that, you'll need to account for those cards!

Apart from that, later expansions have only ever added AOs, not extended previous ones. At least part of that is because FFG generally wants each expansion to work independently, so they don't add cards that could only work with one other AO - and if they were to add cards for the base game AOs, that would change their deck sizes relative to the expansion AOs. So it seems unlikely that further expansions would add more cards.

That said, I think Arkham Horror started outt he same way, but the final expansion was designed to tie together all the others and assumed ownership of all the other expansions. If they did the same thing for Eldritch, they could add (say) some more Research Encounters and Mysteries for each AO throughout the game's life.

So...yes, there is a chance. It's not at all certain, but it could happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to have more cards for the AOs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't they do that with Arkham Horror? Made an expansion that just expanded all the other expansions?

Given that, I'd assume that yes, it is definitely a possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang! Then I'll just make the box with extra space then. Thanks y'all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
Didn't they do that with Arkham Horror? Made an expansion that just expanded all the other expansions?

Given that, I'd assume that yes, it is definitely a possibility.
The thing is: Miskatonic Horror was released mainly because Arkham Horror greatly suffered from dilution.
Eldritch Horror is very dilution-proof and as such, doesn't really need a similar expansion.
So it's possible but not very likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm currently in a dilemma.

Kind of wished FFG would expand the already published AOO along with new ones. On the other hand, AOO decks need some tidying up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.