Support:

John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any game used this gimmick? There has to be more then a few. I was thinking of using Lenticular illustrations in a game.

Novel is really hated in the BGG design forum, but it is LOVED when presented for monitoring.

Do you know of any good games that used it?
You can chime in with opinion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I reviewed Redakai here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/698708/get-your-youngun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any games use 3D glasses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The old Decipher Jedi Knights card game had all the cards be computer generated art (which was pretty good for its time) and some of those cards had A and B versions that if you had them and put them side by side you could do the "Magic Eye" thing and make it appear 3D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
The old Decipher Jedi Knights card game had all the cards be computer generated art (which was pretty good for its time) and some of those cards had A and B versions that if you had them and put them side by side you could do the "Magic Eye" thing and make it appear 3D

I just bought a few test magic eye 3D.

The Redakai stuff is inspiring.
The guys opening packs for mass market kids on you tube and getting 10,000 - 100k hits. That dwarfs our most respected reviewers.
In play for Redakai is (WAS!):
Production cost: an all out gamble! Mass product distribution, over the top cards, TV cartoon, and toys.

They had the Boom but the lack of game depth had them scramble into advanced. I assume advanced was a secondary thought.

Anyway how cool would it be if one of us could mimic the game production polish? I assume you would hit the wall at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.