Subject: What is the Base Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came across this. What is the base game of the series? Or should I just pick up several expansions and download the rules from the Gale Force 9 site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Panther vs. Sherman set is the base game. You'll want to pick that up as it includes measuring sticks, terrain, and rules in addition to the three tanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
The Panther vs. Sherman set is the base game. You'll want to pick that up as it includes measuring sticks, terrain, and rules in addition to the three tanks.

Thanks. I found that in the longer versions of the name. Though I don't know where to buy it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game comes with stat cards for more than 20 tanks, and loads of upgrades. We found we had 10 tank models from years ago that were roughly the same scale as the tanks in the set - basically, once we had the base game, we didn't need any additional packs. We were very impressed with the value of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Any value in multiple starter sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if the starter set base game were only in stock anywhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. I just found out about this game this week and can't find it anywhere.

I'm sure a restock will come. I think it's cool to see that there is a demand for light world war II games. Heck, I'm just excited because the scale matches my old Axis and Allies minis!

Hoping we'll all get to enjoy this cool looking game very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:

Exactly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
Any value in multiple starter sets?

The value is that the price of the starter is cheaper than the 3 included tanks, so you get those for a discount. Also, they are pretty skimpy on the tokens, particularly for speed, so those help. Lastly are the upgrade cards, you can always use duplicates.

Good luck finding one, let alone 2 starters though, they've been OOS except direct from BF for weeks now. Their support, both in stock and verbal on their website, is poor to non-existent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealth7 wrote:
.Good luck finding one, let alone 2 starters though, they've been OOS except direct from BF for weeks now. Their support, both in stock and verbal on their website, is poor to non-existent.

Last I looked the publisher was out of stock too.

This is really sad. The game seems to have great potential, but no one in my area can find it, so soon it will fade from attention and folks will move on to newer, available games.

And since the expansions are out now, we aren't buying them because we don't have the starter, but others are and they'll be gone soon. So if the starter does show up, with all the expansions out of stock, the game will feel unsupported and we may pass rather than have to wait, again, for expansions to return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Dogg Rulzz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
GF9 is doing everything in its power to kill this game. I haven't been able to get a starter for this game yet. I don't think many US distributors got this game upon its release because GF9 didn't anticipated how popular it would be. They keep saying new starters are coming but its been almost 6 months. I proxied almost everything from the game just to play but it still sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Castillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
I ordered two copies of the base game last Monday and got them this past Saturday so you can get them:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chico_ace wrote:
I ordered two copies of the base game last Monday and got them this past Saturday so you can get them:

http://www.flamesofwar.com/

Thanks.

I went to their website and indeed it looks like they're in the process of producing more starter sets and they're in stock at their web store but not yet at other online stores.

Through their webstore a single starter is $33.94 with shipping!

At an online discount store (like CSI), a single starter is $16.49. And I can just throw it in a cart with lots of other games, as usual, for free shipping. If I wait until it's in stock there, I can get 2 for the price of 1!

If only Battlefront/GF9 offered free shipping (which since they are selling direct at retail cost they'd make up from the extra profit on the sale that doesn't have to go to a distributor or retailer), I'd probably have paid the starter cost ($24.99), but with shipping it's just too expensive to order just one game from them directly.

So, I've chosen to wait. Luckily I have too many games to play already...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chargers
msg tools
SirRoke wrote:

I'd ordered mine three weeks ago from this E-Bay retailer in the UK and it arrived here in the States fairly quickly.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
They were the only store with something in stock when I ordered. (I wanted it now so I gave up the FLGS discount.) With currency rate, it was about $27. They still have some in stock.

Now this vendor shows up in a search:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...g0xsAAOSwOyJX7mNA
And he's much closer to home for me.

Cost either way now is about the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Chargers wrote:
SirRoke wrote:

I'd ordered mine three weeks ago from this E-Bay retailer in the UK and it arrived here in the States fairly quickly.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
They were the only store with something in stock when I ordered. (I wanted it now so I gave up the FLGS discount.) With currency rate, it was about $27. They still have some in stock.

Now this vendor shows up in a search:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...g0xsAAOSwOyJX7mNA
And he's much closer to home for me.

Cost either way now is about the same.

The second one looks different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.