Popular Tags: [View All]
Doron David
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

About a week ago I finally purchased Police Precinct. Often I look for a game that will fit the game style my family (wife and 3 kids) enjoys. Some of us like competing while others prefer cooperative style games.

I was glad to find this game offers solitaire mode, and so I went on as solo to learn the rules. Normally I play few rounds and that's it to get familiar with the game play. But I just kept playing as this game screams theme. See photo below of end game, which by the way I won! I intend on rereading the rules to see if I've played something incorrectly.

With more than 200 games in my collection, I can conclude this game is in my top 10 games of all time. While I like interaction, sometimes I play solitaire, and this will definitely hit the table.

Doron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this!

It means a lot to Ole and myself to hear such positive feedback!!!

btw...

I give you the ultimate challenge:

Get the app and play solitaire (with any number of characters you want), at the Chief Level and win.

if you get it done, let me know.

I'm on my 45th attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron David
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoy the game. The App is on my wish list. Once I get it, you're on.

Doron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

I find the app to be the easiest way to feed my solo police Precinct addiction.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good wright up.

I also just got the game and had to get it to the table right away. I ended up playing a 2 player game with my wife. We both really liked the game but thought that it was to easy. We even played out first game where you do not get a donut when completing a evidence section.

I will have to play it a couple of more times but we ended up winning on around the 11th turn. Maybe we just had really good luck with the car draws or who knows. I will get in several more plays just to make sure this was not the case as well as taking to my next group game night and get there opinion.

I will have to check out the app as well and see how that play goes.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron David
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ray - definitely need few more games to evaluate. I believe I won only once so far.

Doron

rlphay wrote:
Good wright up.

I also just got the game and had to get it to the table right away. I ended up playing a 2 player game with my wife. We both really liked the game but thought that it was to easy. We even played out first game where you do not get a donut when completing a evidence section.

I will have to play it a couple of more times but we ended up winning on around the 11th turn. Maybe we just had really good luck with the car draws or who knows. I will get in several more plays just to make sure this was not the case as well as taking to my next group game night and get there opinion.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rlphay wrote:
Good wright up.

Ray

Hey Ray!

I think that you need a promotion to a higher level.

If you end up getting the app, and you get really good at the game, someday YOU might be the first to ever win at the "Chief" level (if I don't beat you to it). It is nearly impossible, and has never been done (yet).

For now though, using the cardboard version of the game, try going to the Assignment desk and attempting to win at the "11-42" level...

http://www.commonman.com/desk/

If you don't win, then try the "Code Purple" maybe.

Good luck!!!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
rlphay wrote:
Good wright up.

Ray

Hey Ray!

If you end up getting the app, and you get really good at the game, someday YOU might be the first to ever win at the "Chief" level (if I don't beat you to it). It is nearly impossible, and has never been done (yet).

For now though, using the cardboard version of the game, try going to the Assignment desk and attempting to win at the "11-42" level...

Good luck!!!

meeple

Thanks for the suggestion I will have to give these a try.
I do think that the support vehicle was a really big factor in us winning as we were able to take advantage if it on almost every turn.

Moving the crime track up at the start I can see how this can increase the difficulty as we intentionally let the crime track increase a spot or 2 in our game as we knew that if we ignored the emergencies for a turn or 2 we would be able to finish the investigation. It also majorly helped that my wife when doing the investigations was able to put the cards on the bottom of the deck rather then shuffle. so it only took 1 or 2 tries to find what we needed.

Today or tomorrow I hope to go through the FAQ to make sure that I did not do some things wrong. but those things that I have in mind would have been minor but we will see.

I still absolutely love the theme of this game and had fun playing and look forward to playing this with my game group as well as getting some expansions. I take it if all I have is the Core Game 2nd edition and I get Item #: K16 then I will have everything? oh and the dice. I must have the dice. I am a sucker for custom game dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rlphay wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
rlphay wrote:
Good wright up.

Ray

Hey Ray!

Good luck!!!

meeple

Thanks for the suggestion I will have to give these a try.
I do think that the support vehicle was a really big factor in us winning as we were able to take advantage if it on almost every turn.

Moving the crime track up at the start I can see how this can increase the difficulty as we intentionally let the crime track increase a spot or 2 in our game as we knew that if we ignored the emergencies for a turn or 2 we would be able to finish the investigation. It also majorly helped that my wife when doing the investigations was able to put the cards on the bottom of the deck rather then shuffle. so it only took 1 or 2 tries to find what we needed.

Today or tomorrow I hope to go through the FAQ to make sure that I did not do some things wrong. but those things that I have in mind would have been minor but we will see.

I still absolutely love the theme of this game and had fun playing and look forward to playing this with my game group as well as getting some expansions. I take it if all I have is the Core Game 2nd edition and I get Item #: K16 then I will have everything? oh and the dice. I must have the dice. I am a sucker for custom game dice.

Yes, and NO!

Let me explain...

If you go here:

http://www.commonman.com/2e/

and look at what K16 has, there are a few things missing (Dice Tower Promos, etc), BUT...

If YOU tell me that YOU want K16 and that you want "everything", then I will send you those extras.

Just tell me that you should get the "Ray Special!" as I will call it.

Then send this link to remind me what that is...

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24409973#24409973

Send that to this email: commonmangames@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.