Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone elaborate on how the heck this massive game is going to be stored assuming we unlock the 250k stretch goal?

Is it going to include this sweet little boxes for all the characters? I'm dying for information here.

Seeing as how I backed Devastation and now I can't really store everything, I gotta know.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big box.

There will be tuck boxes for all non promotional characters in the box. We'll provide some more details if and when we hit the goal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithry wrote:
A big box.

There will be tuck boxes for all non promotional characters in the box. We'll provide some more details if and when we hit the goal!

Is it possible we could get at least standard design tuckboxes for the promos in PnP??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly for the non licensed characters if demand warrants it, but we currently don't have any plans to. For now we've discontinued PnP products in general due to lack of viability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a pdf file for a generic box that we can put the character descriptions on?

Also will this storage be limited to characters? There is a ton of additional content (Strikers, Armory, alternate bases, battlequest, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithry wrote:
A big box.

Yeah. That's BIG. As in: FFG's old coffin boxes will look like micro-games next to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Richard Sampson
We're not planning on .pdf box files currently.

I believe storage will be designed to fit all content up until now, but we are still in the planning stages, so I cannot say for sure. It may just be for characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Crouch
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
New info:
In one of his Kickstarter Live videos, Brad mentioned that they may be doing a standalone KIckstarter for the storage box, due to significant consumer interest. If so, it will likely contain a few promo characters - he wants every Battle:CON product to add playable value to the game, but didn't clarify whether all the promos available for the Trials KIckstarter would be an option.

At the very least, however, he hopes to include Merjoram, Andrus, and Rheye in the storage KS, but maaaan I hope the 11 past promos get in there as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest, instead of a single Ogre-sized box that can hold all characters past-and-future to potentially fold in on itself and create a BattleCon singularity due to having so much awkward awesomeness in one place, to instead, perhaps, have three normal-sized boxes that can be placed beside each-other (and then a forth or fifth in the future as releases warrant.)

Benefits:

Portability.
Storeability.
Future Expandability.
Shelf-friendly.
Visually appealing.
Easier to physically handle.

Cons:
Not all characters in the same box.
.....cost?

I'm thinking the absolute maximum size should really be the Big Geeky Box (Smash Up).

So here's hoping for that ,and boxes for the promo characters and whatnot etc etc etc.

In addition just because I'm too lazy to creating an entire new thread about it: I'd really be interested in purchasing additional bases to add to all the older characters, and replacement cards for the banned or retconned characters... if theyd... you know... exist... one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.