7 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Consecrated Card token on Unnatural fog! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Now i might Have misread somewhere. When I use Consecrated Ground token on a locatoon and Dracula reveals the location with Unnatural fog on it. Does that Card activate or gets discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither card interacts with the effects of the other.

Consecrated Ground effects Dracula's movement and ability to play select powers. It does not reveal locations on the trail or trigger encounters.

Unnatural Fog effects hunter movement. It does not have any effect on Consecrated Ground.

Dracula's "Devilish Power" event card may be used to remove Consecrated Ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
flag msg tools
But the rulebool says that when a Consecrated Ground is played on Draculas current position its location and encouter Cards are revealed.
So does the Unnatural fog happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novais wrote:
But the rulebool says that when a Consecrated Ground is played on Draculas current position its location and encouter Cards are revealed.
So does the Unnatural fog happen?

No, it is revealed. It does not activate at this time, but remains in the location and can apparently still be used later.

In second edition encounters would be discarded in this situation, but this is not the case in third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Oké thanks that's what I tought. Just one More question. When can it be used then bij Dracula? Only when a Hunter enters this location afterwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novais wrote:
Oké thanks that's what I tought. Just one More question. When can it be used then bij Dracula? Only when a Hunter enters this location afterwards?

Yes, or if a hunter searches, but they probably wouldn't want to do that unless there was also a vampire there. The fog can also be matured if it falls off the trail so they might want to search to stop that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Ok thank you! It was how I would Have done it but the other players Made me doubt everything. Now All is clear for our next play!

Cheers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.