Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been getting slaughtered in my games against the Sin and I think I know why so I need to clarify the rule regarding the Pentagrams.

On page 25 it says that: "Whenever a Fight takes place in a Space containing Pentagram tokens, Monsters will roll +1 die for each Pentagram there." Because it specifically says Monsters, not "the Sin player" it read to me that each monster would roll an additional die for each Pentagram in the space, so an Abomination with an Acolyte would roll 6 dice, if there were 3 Pentagrams in the space, for the Abomination plus another 5 dice for the Acolyte.

But then, on page 33, under the Sin Preparation it reads that "2. He adds +1 Die for each Pentagram in the Space." Well this is a hell of a difference because now, using the example from above, 8 dice would've been rolled instead of 11. That's 3 less dice to get bursts or Corruption on.

So which rule should I regard as the correct rule? Thanks for helping me clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's not each monster. You will count the number of dice the monsters will take into battle. Then you add +1 for each pentagram. Not +1 per monster.

If there is one monster and one pentagram, it will be < number of dice of the monster> + one die. If there are two monsters and one pentagram, it will be <number of dice of the monsters> + one die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the wording could be clearer, "monsters" in this case represents "the group of monsters". So it's +1 die for the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Collins
msg tools
I concur. 1 dice total per pentagram. That should help you out a bit in those fights
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.