Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Awarding XP clarification question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Im having a time trying to determine who gets awarded xp when the rewards section of a completed mission states "each player recieves X xp". When worded like this, seperate from other rewards (i.e. The different rewards based on outcome) who exactly is a "player"? Each rebel character and imperial player? Or just those controlling a rebel character. So far as the imp Ive just been awarding the rebels on these missions and not myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All rebel heroes and the imperial player are players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
At the end of each mission, there is a paragraph that outlines what each player gets based on the outcome of the mission and then another that lists additional rewards. At the end of Aftermath, for example, it says "each player receives 1 XP". I have always assumes that this means each hero since, in a game with more than one Rebel player, each one would be playing a single hero. (The Imperial player is also a player, so he receives one XP, too.)

Besides, the Rebels would be massacred if the heroes advanced at half, one-third or one-quarter the rate the Imperial player does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Each player receives" = Each hero character and the imperial player reveive.
"Each hero receives" = Each hero character receives.
"Heroes receive" = Heroes receive credits they collectively spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok. Thanks yall. Been gimping myself. Oh well as long as my gaming partner is having fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why were you not considering the imperial player a "player"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For a couple of missions I was just kicking his dick in the dirt and assumed those xp awards were for him to balance out the early game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.