United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pratchettfan777 wrote:
But single player possible or variant? meeple

thanks

Valid question, so change your thread title.

One I asked them myself.

Quote:
How solo friendly do you think this would be? I was able to play HoN solo, so about the same?

Quote:
Hello,

I think you won't have any problem.

Best regards,

Axel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
pratchettfan777 wrote:
But single player possible or variant? meeple

thanks

Valid question, so change your thread title.

One I asked them myself.

Quote:
How solo friendly do you think this would be? I was able to play HoN solo, so about the same?

Quote:
Hello,

I think you won't have any problem.

Best regards,

Axel

Um, how? I'd love to play this solo, but I can't see how it could possibly be done. I'm happy the designer said I won't have a problem, but d like some details as to how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Going Solo With Heroes of Normandie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

Wrong game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Wrong game.

You weren't clear. I answered in light of my post you quoted. Seemed you were wondering how the board game could be played solo since the comparison was made.

No worries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KOSZO Axel
msg tools
publisher
Hello,

As near all tactical wargames, it's very difficult to make a solo mode, except doing specifically scenarios for. Currently, it's not schedule even if the authors are aware of this. I don't think we will propose them during the campaign (or at all), because it might be a bad feeling for the game if we don't succeed to make good solo rules.

Best regards,

Axel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anything I would have thought this would be easier to play solo than the original HoN provided that you were just going to play each side to the best of your ability rather than have specific solo scenarios/rules. Unlike the original game there are no dummy order tokens to worry about. Sure there are hands of cards but from what I can see they don't provide any enormous surprises and just require optimal play as far as you are able to judge what is optimal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only hidden information is what is in your hand of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DPG has reiterated in the comments more than once that they have no intention of even considering a solo variant. thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
DPG has reiterated in the comments more than once that they have no intention of even considering a solo variant. thumbsdown
So it is up to the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
martimer wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
So it is up to the players.

Wargamers won't be stopped playing both sides solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have said "So it is up to the player."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KOSZO Axel
msg tools
publisher
MAJBrown22 wrote:

It's not totally right what I said. I said often that:
Quote:

As near all tactical wargames, it's very difficult to make a solo mode, except doing specifically scenarios for. Currently, it's not schedule even if the authors are aware of this. I don't think we will propose them, because it might be a bad feeling for the game if we don't succeed to make good solo rules.

I precise the authors are aware of this. I would like to mean they are thinking about that but we won't publish a solo rulebooks if we don't think it is enough good.
If the authors say us it's possible and we agree with them, we will do it.

But, we don't want to do the same thing as for the board game: promise you something and currently don't be able to give you it.
Some fans made a solo version on our website (you can search it on) but it is for specifical scenarios, it's not a system which permit you to play all scenarios, and it's not what we are searching again.

Axel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devil Pig Games wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

It's not totally right what I said. I said often that:
Quote:

As near all tactical wargames, it's very difficult to make a solo mode, except doing specifically scenarios for. Currently, it's not schedule even if the authors are aware of this. I don't think we will propose them, because it might be a bad feeling for the game if we don't succeed to make good solo rules.

I precise the authors are aware of this. I would like to mean they are thinking about that but we won't publish a solo rulebooks if we don't think it is enough good.
If the authors say us it's possible and we agree with them, we will do it.

But, we don't want to do the same thing as for the board game: promise you something and currently don't be able to give you it.
Some fans made a solo version on our website (you can search it on) but it is for specifical scenarios, it's not a system which permit you to play all scenarios, and it's not what we are searching again.

Axel

You're right Axel, I apologize for exaggerating. There is definitely a difference between not considering it and not implementing it. I'm disappointed there isn't a solo option, but I appreciate the designer's decision to hold off unless there was a solid choice. It's obvious when designers shoe horn in a solo variant where it really ought not go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.