Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've received my copy of NFDR (Collectors edition), and it looks great! But I have a couple of questions (asked them on Kickstarter Comments, but that's not very active now it seems).

(1) My Game Mat came out bent and creased on one corner/side, from how it was seemingly squashed and stuffed into the tube at one end. cry In light of what its made of, does anyone have any thoughts on whether there is there a safe way to iron or otherwise smooth it out (rather than 'put it under heavy books for a year')? It is unsightly and I want it fixed - but not wrecked ... Thanks.

(2) I just wondered how people are storing the game as all the stuff doesn't fit in the little box (even ignoring the Game Mat ... )?

Look forward to any thoughts. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Killingsworth
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin

You can try to flatten the mat by laying it face down on the crease. Put some weight on it and then use a blow dryer to heat up the rubber to let it soften and reshape slightly.

If that doesnt work please send me a picture of it to capstern at gmail .com and I will see about getting it replaced. Also email my UK shipper about what happened and they are supposed to help with situations like that as well and need to know it didnt ship properly.

I am not sure how you are trying to store the stuff - the collectors edition should fit back in the box. I have one in my desk here.

stack cards to the top in the left slot. standee stands go in the gap
same in the middle. the damage tokens go here
right slot the standee people go in the bottom and then the boostrer pack (or any 10 cards) dice on top in their bags then manual.

If you are talking about storing while the cards are sleeved you need to remove the insert from the box.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks very much for your suggestions Dave.

I might send you some photos of the mat FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just to round off this post, and give credit due when someone cares ...

Dave's suggestions - while good - were not sufficient for the condition of the mat, and so he agreed to send a new replacement. It has now arrived, beautifully rolled in the tube, and looks great on the table.

So, multiple thumbs up to Dave from me - for excellent customer service and communication. Thanks SOOO much Dave - greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.