Subject: LOS up a Hill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why is LOS blocked when looking up a hill to fire on an enemy in this game. Shouldn't the hills be on a slope which would allow you to see the enemy like the photos below.

If the hills are considered vertical no one could climb it or armor would never get up.

I'm using the example in the video at 12:50 where the unit is down the hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o2pLGPIdks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools

The rule is making the hill or slope look more like this instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Schneider
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the results in the video may make it seem that there is a cliff along the 70m contour line, take a look at Lee's video on Sighting/LOS(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLXwLRcgaAM) for a better understanding of the LOS determination process.

There are some subtle differences between the section of the CC map used in the video and your photos. Note that on the map the 70m line is far from the next highest contour but close to the 65m contour (and the 65m contour is near the stream; I don't have the full map in front of me but I expect the stream area would be a "bottom" per the LOS rules and therefore at 60m elevation). So there would be a gentle slope downward from shooter in 41.10 to 44.08 and a steeper slope downward from 45.08 to the stream. That means that unlike the photos where there is a continuous slope and a clear view, the shooter in the village will not have a clear view straight down to the stream.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.