Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlelore used to be my very favorite game. I've played it very little over the last several years. Recently, I brought it back out in an effort to get it back to the table. I have several expansions that I've never even used. One thing I was confused about was the use of Arbelestiers. Using Call to Arms, it seems either camp should be able to select that card and use them, however, I don't seem to have any pennant flags with that symbol. Is the pennant camp not meant to use them, or am I'm misunderstanding something?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there definitely are Arbalestier Pennants

but they might only have come in BattleLore: The Hundred Years' War – Crossbows & Polearms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, gotcha. Bummer. But thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my master inventory sheet, 100 years war was the only one to include Arbalestier banners for the Pennant camp (4 of them).

But for the Standard camp, the came in 100 years war (x4), Bearded Brave (x3) and Code of Chivalry (x4)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian, is your Master Muster available online?

I had a quick look at the BattleLore Muster sheet v2.2, and there are some errors I think.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/26003/muster-sheet-ba...

for a starter.. Cavalry, not Calvary.
I think there are 12 Heavy Cavalry, and 72 Medium Infantry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the weapon cards, it looks like the arbalest is identical to the crossbow in terms of gameplay. I suppose I could use pennant crossbow flags as a proxy, yeah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
Brian, is your Master Muster available online?

I had a quick look at the BattleLore Muster sheet v2.2, and there are some errors I think.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/26003/muster-sheet-ba...

for a starter.. Cavalry, not Calvary.
I think there are 12 Heavy Cavalry, and 72 Medium Infantry

Wow. And I wasn't even consistently wrong. Cavalry and Calvary get used about equally in my vocab!

I am checking off a master excel sheet I did at a alter date, not the muster sheets. It does appear that there are 72 Regular Infantry and 12 Heavy Cavalry. Not sure what happened with the Muster sheets as I put them together a long time ago and DOW actually proofed them, I believe. Sometimes it is a bad copy paste, or I get distracted and come back to it later and thought I was farther along. If I update, I'll have to double check it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.