GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 127.77

7,567 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Julian S
Singapore
flag msg tools
So... There is an opportunity for me to acquire Vanilla Pandemic with In the Lab and On the Brink Expansions (with the offer expiring soon).
Thing is- I already have Pandemic Legacy.

Should I acquire the Pandemic with Expansions?

I know the answer could be easy - it'd be like "just open up and play the Pandemic Legacy vanilla style and see if you like it"

But my next gaming session isn't on the horizon and I'm not in the mood to solo through the game at this moment. (Yes I acquired Pandemic Legacy primarily to ogle at the box and hug it to sleep)

So what would you do?
Since we're on this topic- would you trade a BNIS Pandemic Legacy for Vanilla Pandemic and the 2 Expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't trade them, no . . . because different experience, right? I own Pandemic and all expansions and I love them. I own Legacy, still shrinkwrapped and look forward to being able to play it in a few months.

If you like co-op games, yes, grab them. Otherwise . . . hard to say. Depends on how much of a steal it is, I guess, and how you'd feel about the situation if you ended up hating everything Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sohszehan wrote:
Since we're on this topic- would you trade a BNIS Pandemic Legacy for Vanilla Pandemic and the 2 Expansions?

Have you ever played any pandemic before?

My angle would be that you could always buy another Pandemic Legacy later and you could also sell/trade Original pandemic, with expansions. You won't be able to do very much with a used copy of Pandemic Legacy.

So if you have that offer, the safer choice is to trade for something that has a resale value. If you find that you enjoy Pandemic then get Legacy later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian S
Singapore
flag msg tools
I am lukewarm to co-ops but my group members love them.. Lolz

Thank you for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sohszehan wrote:
I am lukewarm to co-ops but my group members love them.. Lolz

Thank you for the replies!

If that's the case, then you might not like Pandemic, but it's almost irrelevant for Pandemic Legacy, which is more like a virtual run through an action movie with your mates. Who wouldn't love that? (YMMV)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.