6 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Seeing into smoke? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blupp Idupp
Norway
flag msg tools
Is it possible for the AI to see into the hex which is smoked? Or will everything contains be hidden ?

Edit: also, will the AI always only move 1 hex, plus bonus if available?
In that case, i still assume the player can move several hexes in one turn. Is there any max hex limit player can move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Units in smoke are in LOS if there is no other intervening hex blocking LOS, such as another smoke hex. The units in smoke receive a DM.

Player units may take one action, just as in the base game. So a rifle unit could move 1 hex. Then its the AI turn.

It sounds like you haven't played a two-player game from AtB2. It is recommended you play through a couple firefights to learn the rules of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blupp Idupp
Norway
flag msg tools
No i havent played a 2 player game, no possibility for that im afraid

Have played through a couple of solo missions tho, and it has gone pretty well. The movement part seems to be a big oversight for my parth though. I was under the impression that a unit could move more than 1 hex with just a higher AP cost. More rule reading i guess!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Higher AP costs would only count when the terrain costs are greater than one, but each hex entered counts as a single action, so each one entered could end the unit's activation phase depending on the card drawn to check.

After the player's unit takes an action, the AI takes an action, then back to the player and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
No i havent played a 2 player game, no possibility for that im afraid

No reason why you can't play both sides to learn the rules, but whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you should play some basic scenarios of the base game first.

But I would strongly advice to play with the AP spent check of the solo expansion as it makes the base game even better (and fluid) playing both sides.

Instead of the solo cards, you could use the numbered counters created by one of the members on BGG. See in the files section.

While the spend check with the solo cards/counters is more likely to work better in the bigger firefights, it is extreme fun when playing both sides and so it further will help you in the pure solo game expansion later on.

But the ultimate and fun play is still with the solo expansion and firefight generator. Always a challenge to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.