Subject: Need some input on art for card game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Rozz
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to get some input on some of the art for my new card game right now titled "Oni". It's a fantasy Japanese themed game focused on area control, set collection and auctioning. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Art seems fine - would be interesting to see how the game works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rozz
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input, I'm going to try to put a bgg page with rules and picture sometime next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That art is amazing.

The theme is also a really interesting one that I think is under-utilized. Sure, it's had some play (I think most notably in L5R), but it's not over saturated like the Cthulhu mythos.

And seriously, if your game is anywhere near the caliber of that art...holy crow, dude.

That's some of the best artwork I've seen for a game in a really long time. I'm not quite as sold on the last one (mostly due to the face on the human), but everything else is light's out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it all looks great (love the third one especially) although I'm not sure how it will fit together in the end as the style differs a bit with some being color and some black and white etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metäl Warrior
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Looks stunning, love the second one with the samurai.

I recently watched a great introduction into character graphical design, so I'm an expert now If these are character cards, the last one dissolves into the background; there's no clear silhouette to quickly distinguish the character from others. Might not be such a big deal in a board game, though.

Agree with ovis above, that the color schemes are very important in tying cards together in groups or themes - hard to say if this is the case here due to small sample.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rozz
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input. I'll try to keep you apprised of the project that is going to be kick-started January 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art is beautiful.

The one other comment I'd make is contrast. The character palette is a bit too close to the background. (Particularly the last one). If I were looking across a table I'd like to more easily see the main image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
first guy's pecker looks pretty unrealistic and painful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.