Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
11.2 SEA MOVEMENT
Units using Sea Movement must begin the Movement Phase in a Sea, Ocean, Coastal Land, or Straits area. They may move through a number of contiguous Sea, Ocean, Straits or Coastal areas not exceeding their Movement Speed, but must stop upon entering a Coastal Land Area.

Our interpretation is that units may start in one coastal land area and move to an adjacent coastal land area by sea movement but must then stop. Thus, I see nothing that precludes a ground unit in a coastal area from becoming a convoy, moving to a disputed friendly adjacent coastal area, and engaging. Is this correct? It should be noted that the sidebar on page 12 seems to specifically prohibit Sea Invasions in this manner:

Quote:
Sea Invasions occur when Convoys move from the Sea onto Enemy-controlled Land Areas (crossing a Coastal border).

But it's not a Sea Invasion if it is a FRIENDLY disputed coastal area. Clarification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

No, you cannot Invade by moving from one coastal area to an adjacent one.

Invasions would have been better defined in the rules text as Convoys moving into Enemy Territory from the sea. The sidebar does make this clear IMO.

As per the definition, an Convoy entering a Friendly Territory (even if Disputed) is not an Invasion. The presumption is that the Convoy enters a friendly port outside the active combat zone. The one unit/Coastal border Engagement Limit still applies, though.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tan
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's me and my other pastime. I perform as John Lennon in several Beatles tribute acts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. That's the way I read it and just wanted to be 100% clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.