37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » General

Subject: new expansion are you happy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan b
msg tools
new heroes plus hero cards ,,,,,are you happy or we need more ..... are going to be more enemies? or just heroes all the time ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
atomo wrote:
new heroes plus hero cards ,,,,,are you happy or we need more ..... are going to be more enemies? or just heroes all the time ?

I am happy at the moment.

I still need some of the exotic enemies to expand that side of things, and there are plenty of heroes I want to buy. By the time I am up to speed, I think we will know whether the rumour about the undead expansion/extension/new base game and the other location expansions is true.

Consider the game has only been out three months, there is already a staggering amount of stuff to purchase for it!

But yes, I do want to see more treasure, more skills, and new environments, so I hope all the rumours we have heard are true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
what rumors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan b
msg tools
about and undead big box expansion for dicember or a
new warhammer quest :undead tower... jajaja or something like that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, think the game already has more than enough heroes. Full race representation (IIRC there aren't any ogre ones yet) is plenty, and the additions are feeling pretty lazy. Would take ages at the rate I'm going to go through the whole character list, so rules, extra cards, extra enemies, new scenarios are way more interesting than another simple character

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards have restored my faith in them.

Now for more treasure, more skills, and new environments.

Hopefully the undead one is a big box expansion, but suspect it will be a stand alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want a campaign mode like the old one, but that is probably the only one that will remain a wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mydnight wrote:

Hopefully the undead one is a big box expansion, but suspect it will be a stand alone.

Skill cards would be really nice, as they are a really cool way of customising your character, and the more cards you have, the more choices you get to make about which skills to keep and which ones to replace.

I quite like the idea of a standalone with a new campaign. I think I mentioned this somewhere before, but Silver Tower feels a little bit like the pre-credit sequence of a movie, or the first part in a trilogy, which explains how a group of people came together. Once they are through the Silver Tower, it's time to head off on another adventure.

I am sure GW could easily expand the Silver Tower, and they may even have plans to do that; but a new base set/standalone game creates a new entry point for people who didn't like the Tzeentch vibe, gives us completely different monsters, and provides a whole new environment so we can see what adventuring is like in the wider world.

All told, at the moment I am more excited about Silver Tower than anything else. The new card pack has definitely made me feel like GW are serious about this, and I really want to see where the product line is going (as long as it's going somewhere!). Maybe we will get a true campaign experience one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mydnight wrote:

Wait, what? Did they release a physical card pack for eveything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sharkeyx wrote:
mydnight wrote:

A physical card pack for all the heroes not included in the base game is coming out next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
DyingTickles wrote:
sharkeyx wrote:
mydnight wrote:

A physical card pack for all the heroes not included in the base game is coming out next week.

Hot damn! About time

How was this announced? Is there a newsletter or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sharkeyx wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:
sharkeyx wrote:
mydnight wrote:

Hot damn! About time

I think it was a leak about the stuff they have planned for the next month or two. I saw it in a thread. I went to a GW store this morning and pre-ordered it. The guy said they're only printing a limited amount. This was after I said I'd pre-order it so I don't think it was just to get me to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
DyingTickles wrote:
sharkeyx wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:
sharkeyx wrote:
mydnight wrote:

Hot damn! About time

I think it was a leak about the stuff they have planned for the next month or two. I saw it in a thread. I went to a GW store this morning and pre-ordered it. The guy said they're only printing a limited amount. This was after I said I'd pre-order it so I don't think it was just to get me to do so.

Oh shi-, tahnks for the heads up. Will have to drop by my FLGS and get a PO in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can go to GWs website, subscribe to their newletter, and then you wil get a weekly email anoucncing the new preorders that are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Sharkey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Re:new expansion are you happy?
Bah! My FLGS isn't doing POs for the cards, and doesn't know how mnay they will be getting, at least i found it on gw's website and could po there.

Sad to see that it is just another hero box set instead of a monster box set. I could really go for a discounted box set of mobs, as their other packs of them are too much for me. Can at oeast justify getting new heroes now that i will have physical cards. Pray that they keep making them for future heroes though, and would like to see some for monsters to avoid having to fiddle with the rule book.

matthewabair wrote:
You can go to GWs website, subscribe to their newletter, and thexn you wil get a weekly email anoucncing the new preorders that are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
mbmbmb
New Expansion and happy? No, not really. A package like this was kinda expected to be released sooner or later.

Will you be buying the new Hero Cards? Yes, definitely. Why not?!

New Exapnsion and happy is when there will be a whole new quite big package expanding the already existing Silver Tower. Perhaps with new rooms, locations, monsters, skills, spells, XP Tree, treasures, travelling etc, etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
New Expansion and happy? No, not really. A package like this was kinda expected to be released sooner or later.

I don't think a lot of people shared your confidence!

Obviously we are all looking forward to a "proper" expansion, but the card support should make everyone happy (even if they don't need more heroes) because of what it represents:

1. You aren't reliant on the app to expand your hero options, and maybe GW have realised that an app isn't the way to bring in boardgamers.
2. GW are showing an active effort to support the game.
3. Were they always going to print these cards? Maybe. Or maybe it was a result of quite a lot of people e-mailing them and asking, which would suggest GW are listening.
4. The game has done well enough to encourage GW to print cards. If the game is doing well, the chances of more expansions increases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Happy with the cards - I don't mind the mind idea of everyone having their characters on an app, but the app is far, far uglier than the cards and there's no excuse for that.

More heroes- would have preferred the monsters that came with rules in the book, guess it's less likely we will get these now, but is still a fun expansion and decent value for GW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Rox4Games wrote:

I don't think a lot of people shared your confidence!

Obviously we are all looking forward to a "proper" expansion, but the card support should make everyone happy (even if they don't need more heroes) because of what it represents:

1. You aren't reliant on the app to expand your hero options, and maybe GW have realised that an app isn't the way to bring in boardgamers.
2. GW are showing an active effort to support the game.
3. Were they always going to print these cards? Maybe. Or maybe it was a result of quite a lot of people e-mailing them and asking, which would suggest GW are listening.
4. The game has done well enough to encourage GW to print cards. If the game is doing well, the chances of more expansions increases.

Well, a app is a great way to bring in boardgamers. Fantasy flights doing pretty well with Arkham and Descent. Soon to have Imperial Assault with the app... BUT the app for Silver tower was crappy, and needed to look like all the hero cards to be successful.

I do wish there was more minions, but seeing physical cards and a hero expantion for dirt cheap is very welcome. As easy as it would be to buy all the heros, I much rather buy them in packs like this. Not just for the discount, but it can fit into my painting que easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:

Well, a app is a great way to bring in boardgamers. Fantasy flights doing pretty well with Arkham and Descent. Soon to have Imperial Assault with the app... BUT the app for Silver tower was crappy, and needed to look like all the hero cards to be successful.

You must have missed all the toys hitting the walls a little while back There seemed to be quite a lot of gamers who were not happy about only having the heroes in the app, and the shonky formatting was only part of it.

I won't play any game with an app, but I understand how they are useful in some situations. The apps for the games you mention are a different ball game really - they are running the enemy AI and are properly integrated into the game. The Silver Tower app was just a replacement for cards, and felt a bit unnatural. It was like a stop gap, to see if there was enough demand for more heroes. Some people liked it, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... there's nothing wrong with app forms of stuff, as long as it doesn't detract from play, meaning I don't want things where I need to rely on digital content (there are plenty of video games out there) or ugly formatting, so ST's were kind of horrible IMHO.

Pretty happy with the hero pack price, though- didn't notice that before. And the cards are pretty reasonable, though the core game's are on kinda' lame stock and I don't expect that to improve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Kerrigan
England
flag msg tools
I'll be happier with some actual gameplay expansions rather than more "heroes" (and to be honest I'd love to see some classic Dungeon crawler archetypes, not all the Chaos Warrior variants under the sun). My girlfriend doesn't particularly like any of the "hero" models in the base and Mighty Heroes expansion as she can't identify them as classic "dungeon crawler" archetypes (i.e. elf archer, wizard). She prefers the Dungeon Saga miniatures.

The heroes are an excuse to flog the AoS range. Can't blame them - it's what I would've advised them to do. I wish they'd done this with their fantasy range in the old pre-AoS days. Would've loved to play a priest of Morr or a Wood Elf Lord.

That said I'd like to see a new Quest Book with a new scenario, and the return of the Old World, but I'll settle for the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skerrigan wrote:
My girlfriend doesn't particularly like any of the "hero" models in the base and Mighty Heroes expansion as she can't identify them as classic "dungeon crawler" archetypes (i.e. elf archer, wizard). She prefers the Dungeon Saga miniatures.

I like the slightly crazy, over-the-top style of Age of Sigmar, so it doesn't bother me; but I can certainly see that point. I think the new arcane heroes seem a little more "traditional." I know my wife will be pleased with a new female hero too.

If they do another base set with an undead theme, that could means there is a more classic dungeon-crawling style of adventure on the cards too. Fingered crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
mbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy, you do seem to mention in quite a few of your posts here that there are likely to come (based on romours though) a new base set Warhammer Quest Silver Tower Undead theme. What is it that makes you think there will actually be a base game with Undead theme?

An Expansion pack with Undead theme seems like an achievable and likely thing yes. But why would they make another BASE game w/Undead theme when a BASE game is already out?

That sounds just weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of games these days effectively have two different starter sets that are compatible (off the top of my head, dominion; shadows of brimstone; from GW, 40k actually has around a half-dozen themed starters in the current edition). Biggest argument against it are aesthetics, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.