Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question (couldn't find the answer in the FAQ or in a quick search through this forum):

An encounter card says "... monster appears in the MU Streets." I know that the rule says that if a monster appears from an encounter card, it is removed if evaded or when the combat is over. But what if there is no combat (because there is no one in the streets when it appears). I am currently ruling that this kind of appearance doesn't disappear at the end of the Arkham Encounter Phase.

In a similar vein... another question:
Have a Mythos card that puts 3 Maniacs in the Downtown Streetts. I am assuming that these monsters DO NOT count against the Monster Limit and are discarded after one turn (the duration of the Mythos effect).

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe both of these cards are from Curse of the Dark Pharaoh (original version): this question probably should go there.

I think this is an instance where it's just trying to place a monster into that street space, not to immediately cause a monster combat on someone who is there.

Why would you make that assumption about the Mythos card? It's just like any Mythos card from the base game: some place monsters into the streets. They're just monsters on the board, like normal. They count against the limit. You only encounter monsters on the board during the Movement phase, as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The specific card in question requires you to defeat three Maniacs to gain an Exhibit item. What if you are already at the Monster Limit... then NO monsters appear (can you get the Exhibit Item for free?). Or (more likely), you can only place 1 or 2 Manaics (because of the Monster Limit)... so it becomes "easier" to get the Exhibit Item. Because of the nature of the "reward" for defeating the monsters, I was assuming that the monsters were a limited duration kind of thing.

Good to point out that these cards were from Curse of the Dark Pharaoh. I will repeat my question there (just in case).

Thanks!

kungfro wrote:
I believe both of these cards are from Curse of the Dark Pharaoh (original version): this question probably should go there.

I think this is an instance where it's just trying to place a monster into that street space, not to immediately cause a monster combat on someone who is there.

Why would you make that assumption about the Mythos card? It's just like any Mythos card from the base game: some place monsters into the streets. They're just monsters on the board, like normal. They count against the limit. You only encounter monsters on the board during the Movement phase, as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.