Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An example is the Graveyard. The text says "Gain A B if there are any wounded Posse, including those of other players." What is A and B?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not 100% sure, but if you look at the flipside of the character cards, you'll see the iconography, and it lists them as wild resources (i believe, dont have it in front of me)

I am interpreting it as gain any 2 different resources, 1 of each of 2 different (law, gold, force). Cant pick 2 of the same one.

Its the only thing that makes sense, this had me stumped upon my first game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renan Neori
Israel
Tel Aviv
Gush Dan
flag msg tools
Press your luck, but...
badge
Don't touch!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, though don't quote me on that, that it means you gain 1 of 2 different resources of your choice. Or the one that tells you to pay 2A to gain 2B and 2C means you pay 2 of one resource of your choice to gain 2 each of the other two resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavanized Yankee wrote:
An example is the Graveyard. The text says "Gain A B if there are any wounded Posse, including those of other players." What is A and B?

A and B refers to two different goods of two different types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Zanziham wrote:
I think, though don't quote me on that, that it means you gain 1 of 2 different resources of your choice. Or the one that tells you to pay 2A to gain 2B and 2C means you pay 2 of one resource of your choice to gain 2 each of the other two resources.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thiel
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
Zanziham wrote:

This is correct.

I really like the game, but the "wild" notations are confusing.

Examples, according to my understanding of the rules:

X X X = three influence of a single type
3X = three influence in any combination
3A = three influence of a single type

It would be more intuitive (and consistent) if X X X represented three separate instances of "gain one influence," and 3X represented "gain three influence of a single type."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. But I hope they don't decide to reprint this game to fix that one issue. They did that with TEG and a lot of people bought the new version just for the few updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.