Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What causes units to be placed in the Reserve section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mobilisation, then they come off the turn track at the start of the turn (e.g. 2 turns for INF).

Also some German aggressions add units to reserves, namely Austria and Czechoslovakia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok--
1. Mobilize a factory to military use;
2. Put the nation-specific units in the Reserve Units section (or increase shipbuilding);
3. That turn or a later turn, spend 2AC + 2 tile points to place a unit on the turn track the appropriate number of turns further on;
4. When that turn arrives, place the unit in the Active Units section, and on the Balance of Power chart.

Right?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost

Kinley wrote:

1. Mobilize a factory to military use

Yep.

Kinley wrote:

2. Put the nation-specific units in the Reserve Units section (or increase shipbuilding)

Sort of...Pick the combination you want (see the back of the Battle Manual), shipbuilding is immediate (remember increasing GER/ITA shipbuilding gives GBR/FRA +1 support permanantly). Units go onto the turn track as many spaces ahead as given on Table 14.83 (Rulebook), for example air units are placed 4 turns in the future.

Kinley wrote:

3. That turn or a later turn, spend 2AC + 2 tile points to place a unit on the turn track the appropriate number of turns further on

At the start of a turn when there's units on the turn track, they get moved to the respective Nation's reserves. It can be build for 2AC & 2TP that turn, subject to the restrictions in 18.4.

Kinley wrote:

4. When that turn arrives, place the unit in the Active Units section, and on the Balance of Power chart

Any turn where you build a unit (Economic Segment) it gets moves to Active, and you add the Balance of Power counter. This is done before you start the Diplomatic Phase (in case you change the Balance of Power/Russian Garrison requirements).

For example, I'm playing Russia and mobilise a factory in Spring '37. I place an infantry in the Summer '37 box, an air in Spring '38 and an armour in Summer '38.

At the start of the Summer '37 turn I move that infantry to my reserves, where I can pay to build it in the same turn. At the end of the Economic Segment I declare it and move it to my active units.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great--Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.