Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, FYI, I only just go the game today. Have not played yet.

But, I read about the game, and the Sweep Insight seems overpowered.

Is it?

I assume there are key elements I am ignoring about this ability. But the idea of just wiping out the rear of the opponent (assuming 3 units, rolling 3 times each, with possibility to get double hits (possibly 18 total units!)) seems too easy.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played, but you think something is overpowered, huh?

You are missing that the odds of that scenario are very low, and you are paying quite a bit to do it.

You first have to pay for the ability (losing an order for the rest of the battle) then you have to keep 3 Calvary units in reserve (meaning they will likely sit the battle out) then you successfully activate the special ability (Napoleon's insight isn't high enough to reliably activate it) or use scouts to reroll (the scouts which you must pay for)

Finally your Calvary have to hit (which is pretty likely, but getting 9 dice to roll 1-2 is a lot less likely) and the you your Calvary are taken off the field (meaning you could potentially rout if you didn't roll well, which has happened to me several times)

Long story short, it's useful, but it can't be your main strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use it in large/medium sized battles where you still have lots of other units besides cavalry otherwise it might backfire on you very badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.