Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick issue that came up in an SK game (though applicable to ASL too I guess):

Stack of Elite MMCs double-timed with a Leader, after 7MP the leader and one of the MMCs was pinned.

While the others weren't pinned, the leader could no longer move with them, so they'd lose the 2 bonus MP and have to remain in place, correct? (As 7 > 6). Obviously they could move in the Advance Phase unlike the pinned guys.

Unrelated question: spectating a couple of VASL games I see guys making a fancy pulsing red circle appear above units, and the dice roller looks like it automatically calculates MC results and stuff. What extension is that?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the leader is pinned he cannot help with the bonus movement, so the rest of the platoon stops. That's correct. And they could advance in the APh.

The newer VASL versions have some extensions added in the base application. To show the red circle press the Ctrl key while you press the mouse button.

And to show MC stuff don't roll with the dice button but using the specialized dice rollers: IFT, MC, CC, etc. It displays some helpers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
You could expend the other MF in hex doing other actions even though the leader is pinned.

As long as they begin and end in the location with the leader...they get the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
To show the red circle press the Ctrl key while you press the mouse button.

I did not know this - cool beans & mahalos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
You could expend the other MF in hex doing other actions even though the leader is pinned.

As long as they begin and end in the location with the leader...they get the bonus.

No you can't. They have to spend those "bonus" MF moving as a stack with the leader.

Rule A4.12:
"...provided it expends all its MF while moving in a combined stack with that leader..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klasmalmstrom wrote:
ASLChampion wrote:

No you can't. They have to spend those "bonus" MF moving as a stack with the leader.

Rule A4.12:
"...provided it expends all its MF while moving in a combined stack with that leader..."

Interesting. I was not aware of that. Does it mean, for example, that a squad stacked with a leader could not try to place smoke six times in its own Location (provided no 6s are rolled)? Only four times for the 4 inherent MF and the leader bonus MF could be only spent to move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
Does it mean, for example, that a squad stacked with a leader could not try to place smoke six times in its own Location (provided no 6s are rolled)? Only four times for the 4 inherent MF and the leader bonus MF could be only spent to move?

A single squad cannot make more than a single SMOKE grenade attempt in a player turn.

Quote:
A24.1 No unit may attempt to place SMOKE more than once per MPh ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. How about a real example: the squad+leader moves 4mf and then squad places Smoke. I think this would be ok provided the leader doesn't do anything different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wsmithjr wrote:
Ok. How about a real example: the squad+leader moves 4mf and then squad places Smoke. I think this would be ok provided the leader doesn't do anything different.

That is ok, and the leader could spend those two MF on something different - e.g., look for a SW in the Location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"moving in a combined stack" - this means that they must "expend MF as a combined stack" - not necessarily for actual movement into a new Location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify the likely point of confusion, it isn't that there has to be movement involved, and it isn't that they're necessarily all doing the same thing. The problem is that when the leader is Pinned, his MPh ends, so he's no longer moving in a stack with the squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I was playing ok. I was confused by the term of "moving".
And yes, the smoke example was a bad example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.