Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Flaherty
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished my first game, and my son bluffed me good pushing me over the brink and triggering nuclear war at the end of round 3.

He had his agenda marker on Italy and started pushing influence there. I countered, but when I did so pushed my political defcon track up. I did have the television world opinion, but only brought it back to the top of Defcon 2. Well, he had the political defcon track agenda, pushing it back into Defcon 3. Well played. (And I should have been paying more attention to where my marker was.)

Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YellowLab wrote:
... pushing it back into Defcon 3.

You probably meant DEFCON 1.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Flaherty
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KivasFajo wrote:
YellowLab wrote:
... pushing it back into Defcon 3.

You probably meant DEFCON 1.

Michael

Yes, you are correct - back to Defcon 1 and triggering the end losing condition for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Always better to stay in the safe zone with Defcon agendas than to suffer a nuclear war auto-loss. Whenever there is an opponent's flag on one of the 3 Defcon agendas I won't go past the middle spot in the Defcon 2 range. Place cubes one per card so Defcon markers stay right where they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.