$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 127.79

7,568 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
76 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Vancouver BC-Seattle No Ship Two City Math Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd Annual Vancouver BC - Seattle No Ship Math Trade!


If you're new, you're welcome! What is a math trade? We're using www.abecorn.com for the exchange. Please check out math trade quickstart

Trade locked to new submissions 10/9/16 @ 7pm PST

Trade results on Monday 10/10/16 @ 7pm PST

Exchange#1 (Vancouver, BC) 10/22/16 Saturday @ noon at Board Game Warriors, 708 Clarkson St, New Westminster, BC, Canada

Exchange#2 (Seattle, WA) 10/23/16 Sunday @ 1pm at The Raygun Lounge ( 501 East Pine Street, Seattle, WA 98122)




How to participate

1. Post your games, complete your trade matrix on www.abecorn.com

2. Trade results on 10/10/16 @ 7pm PST

3. Seattle participants will have from 10/10 - 10/19 (4pm) to drop their games off at The Raygun Lounge (501 East Pine Street, Seattle, WA 98122).

4. Vancouver participants exchange Saturday 10/22/16 with the collected Seattle games at Saturday @ noon at TBD

5. Seattle participants exchange Sunday 10/23/16 @ 1pm with the Vancouver games at The Raygun Lounge ( 501 East Pine Street, Seattle, WA 98122).


Direct link to trade

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the purpose of listing money, assume all $ amounts are in USD.


Remember that any Math Trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through the site and is subject to the associated commission fee required by the Terms of Service just as with any other sale. For information on how to do this, please see

Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
When adding items to the trade, how do we upload images from an url? When I try to do it, it keeps telling me "You have entered an invalid image Url." I know for a fact that it is the correct url. Is there some format we're supposed to use?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

I wish I lived closer

cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
When adding items to the trade, how do we upload images from an url? When I try to do it, it keeps telling me "You have entered an invalid image Url." I know for a fact that it is the correct url. Is there some format we're supposed to use?


Just make sure the URL you're using ends with a file extension .jpg/.png/.gif
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We pushed out a big update for the "Make Trades" tab. We made the "Matrix Summary" button to view in your matrix as text larger, we added an offers tab that shows you the total number of people wanting your items, and a consolidated location to view/place cash offers.

We'll be trimming and bug fixing for the next few updates. Please leave feedback on your thoughts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Would it be possible to hold games for pick up at The Raygun Lounge in Seattle after the 1pm exchange on Sunday 10/23/16? (Later that evening or later that week)

I would be able to drop off my part of an exchange before 10/19, but might not be able to make it for the afternoon exchange on the 23rd.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dpdearing wrote:
Would it be possible to hold games for pick up at The Raygun Lounge in Seattle after the 1pm exchange on Sunday 10/23/16? (Later that evening or later that week)

I would be able to drop off my part of an exchange before 10/19, but might not be able to make it for the afternoon exchange on the 23rd.


Yes, just send me a message after the trade on what to hold.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I secured a 12pm-2pm slot at Board Game Warriors, 708 Clarkson St, New Westminster, BC, Canada for the trade. Up to 320 entries and 35 people so far!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for doing this again, Ben.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lee
Canada
vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hi Ben,
I believe that I will be able to make it to Board Game Warriors in New West but only right at 2pm on the Saturday. Would this be okay? I know I'm pushing it. I didn't want to be the one holding anything up. (I'm in East Van until about 130pm on Saturdays).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jlee9 wrote:
Hi Ben,
I believe that I will be able to make it to Board Game Warriors in New West but only right at 2pm on the Saturday. Would this be okay? I know I'm pushing it. I didn't want to be the one holding anything up. (I'm in East Van until about 130pm on Saturdays).



Could you drop them off ahead of time with your name on a post-it? That worked for someone last time with a similar time constraint.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or else see if you can find a mule to bring your games for you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about abecorn tool.
The receive offers tab: Is that direct trades that are possible? Like someone wants my "X" game and I also want their "Y" game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
Question about abecorn tool.
The receive offers tab: Is that direct trades that are possible? Like someone wants my "X" game and I also want their "Y" game?


It's simply showing how many someones have wanted it. The person wanting it may have a blank want list. At trade end, it will show those details.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
mancora wrote:
Question about abecorn tool.
The receive offers tab: Is that direct trades that are possible? Like someone wants my "X" game and I also want their "Y" game?


It's simply showing how many someones have wanted it. The person wanting it may have a blank want list. At trade end, it will show those details.


So i shouldn't be worried if there isn't anyone wanting my game yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
So i shouldn't be worried if there isn't anyone wanting my game yet?


That's for you to decide. If it hasn't been there long, no one may have seen it, but if it's down to two or three days left in the trade, you may want to consider relisting it with a sweetener?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for setting this up.

After a couple of years of being intimidated by math trades, decided to stick my toe in the water with this one.

Hope I'm doing it right.

Edit: Ok, first question: why is it showing me in Seattle when I'm in Vancouver?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People really need to put Condition, Language & Edition in all the postings.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
Thanks for setting this up.

After a couple of years of being intimidated by math trades, decided to stick my toe in the water with this one.

Hope I'm doing it right.

Edit: Ok, first question: why is it showing me in Seattle when I'm in Vancouver?


I think the GPS is just a little messed up. It says I am as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, both the header here and on Abecorn state "Thursday" 10/10/16. But October 10th is a Monday. You might wish to change it on both.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
Ben, both the header here and on Abecorn state "Thursday" 10/10/16. But October 10th is a Monday. You might wish to change it on both.


Fixed, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 3 days left we're showing around 160 items trading!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
hist wrote:
Thanks for setting this up.

After a couple of years of being intimidated by math trades, decided to stick my toe in the water with this one.

Hope I'm doing it right.

Edit: Ok, first question: why is it showing me in Seattle when I'm in Vancouver?


I think the GPS is just a little messed up. It says I am as well.


For no-ship hosted trades we don't pull your address to save computing power, we just use a fixed point (since hosted trades typically don't have multiple trade locations).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
mancora wrote:
hist wrote:
Thanks for setting this up.

After a couple of years of being intimidated by math trades, decided to stick my toe in the water with this one.

Hope I'm doing it right.

Edit: Ok, first question: why is it showing me in Seattle when I'm in Vancouver?


I think the GPS is just a little messed up. It says I am as well.


For no-ship hosted trades we don't pull your address to save computing power, we just use a fixed point (since hosted trades typically don't have multiple trade locations).


Whew! Good to know!

This being my first one, I don't want to mess it up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.