$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 129.87

7,655 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Balance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Tiden
msg tools
Sorry if this has been posted before.
Is there any statistics on how often each side wins?
With a sufficient number of games to back it up?

Thanks,

/Tomas
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest thing I can think of is an analysis Fantasy Flight Games did immediately following the game's release. I believe they asked players to post results online as they played. FFG reported that the Empire won 51% of games played. I couldn't find exactly how big the sample size was but players also reported 568 Death Stars destroyed so I would assume the sample size was in the 100s.

relevant article: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/1/what-of-...

Edit: It was 568 Death Stars destroyed, not 568 planets destroyed.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Tiden
msg tools
Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tavernkeep wrote:
The closest thing I can think of is an analysis Fantasy Flight Games did immediately following the game's release. I believe they asked players to post results online as they played. FFG reported that the Empire won 51% of games played. I couldn't find exactly how big the sample size was but players also reported 568 Death Stars destroyed so I would assume the sample size was in the 100s.

relevant article: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/1/what-of-...

Edit: It was 568 Death Stars destroyed, not 568 planets destroyed.


Ah Ah AH!

51%! I knew it, this game is fully unbalanced and totally screwed up in favor of the empire! :p


Well, I really thought for my part that rebels were stronger, but statistics seems to speak
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a poll conducted a couple months ago on BBG asking for people's opinions on game balanced that got 200+ answers.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1604090/poll-which-side-fav...


Results were balanced with a very slight tilt towards rebels.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Most commonly recruited leaders:

Luke- Okay, makes sense.
Han- Of course
Fett- Well, duh!

...

Piet- Huh, looks like we've got quite a few Piet fanboys.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
Most commonly recruited leaders:

Luke- Okay, makes sense.
Han- Of course
Fett- Well, duh!

...

Piet- Huh, looks like we've got quite a few Piet fanboys.


Piet has good stats if I remember right.

And honestly i think Wedge is a better pick than Luke as Luke opens you up to getting Lured and then losing a vp.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piett not only has good abilities, but his Action card is one of the best the Empire can get.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demoss1 wrote:
Piett not only has good abilities, but his Action card is one of the best the Empire can get.


That's keep them from escaping right? I have trouble keeping all the blue hats strait.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
demoss1 wrote:
Piett not only has good abilities, but his Action card is one of the best the Empire can get.


That's keep them from escaping right? I have trouble keeping all the blue hats strait.


Yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strictly subjective and anecdotal (N=9) opinion:

- for newbies, Empire is favored
- for intermediates, Rebels are favored
- for experts, Empire is favored
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
Strictly subjective and anecdotal (N=9) opinion:

- for newbies, Empire is favored
- for intermediates, Rebels are favored
- for experts, Empire is favored


The FFG poll at least supports the first point. Though only a minuscule amount favored. It was like 51 49. which is within the margin of error given their sample size.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.