Subject: Copy of TI3 sitting idle in my cabinet... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I purchased a copy of Twilight Imperium, 3rd Edition several years ago and I have played it twice with my kids. Other than that, it has gone unused in the cabinet.

It has 2 control markers missing. Other than that, it is in very good shape. All other pieces are present. I would like to sell it, but I cannot in all good conscience do it for something close to the prices I see on BGG right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The good news is that it is in very good shape and it is completely playable with the two pieces missing. The bad news is that it is a huge, heavy box and shipping costs would be significant.

I live in Westchester County, New York. I had thought about donating it to a local con (WGGCon), but I was working the weekend that happened.

Thanks,
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prices are high because it was awaiting a reprint. I believe the reprint is very close to hitting American shores if it hasn't already done so in the last couple of weeks. Prices should normalize soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
queequeg wrote:
Hello all,

I purchased a copy of Twilight Imperium, 3rd Edition several years ago and I have played it twice with my kids. Other than that, it has gone unused in the cabinet.

It has 2 control markers missing. Other than that, it is in very good shape. All other pieces are present. I would like to sell it, but I cannot in all good conscience do it for something close to the prices I see on BGG right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The good news is that it is in very good shape and it is completely playable with the two pieces missing. The bad news is that it is a huge, heavy box and shipping costs would be significant.

I live in Westchester County, New York. I had thought about donating it to a local con (WGGCon), but I was working the weekend that happened.

Thanks,
Jason

If you're willing to part it out, I'll buy the strategy cards, I have a friend who needs a set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SFRR wrote:
queequeg wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks,
Jason

If you're willing to part it out, I'll buy the strategy cards, I have a friend who needs a set.

I'd buy a set of Race sheets if you've got the version with the correct cost listed for PDS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy the empty box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
ajpl wrote:
I'd buy the empty box!

Do you need a new bed? or flip it over and it is a table. that thing is super useful if you have the 200 square feet needed to hold it.

I say sell it in good conscience. Someone is willing to pay what the market going rate is then everyone wins. They get a game they want, you get cash and the knowledge that hopefully that game will get played by them. As someone who just got into games a couple years ago I have paid more than MSRP for a few games that I really wanted, Tannhauser comes to mind. I was willing to pay the higher price because I really wanted the game and now I have the game and got a bunch of extra figures on clearance. If you bought it to flip it then conscience could be an issue but in this case it isn't the case, I say let that game make someone happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
SFRR wrote:

I'd buy a set of Race sheets if you've got the version with the correct cost listed for PDS.

I'd also take the Race Sheets if it fell through with Henry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? The box has a ding or two in it. The shipping would be high, I'd wager since the box is so big.

You are gaming me. I get it.

Jason

ajpl wrote:
I'd buy the empty box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me what the correct cost is, or where I'd find that information.

Jason

KlydeFrog wrote:
SFRR wrote:
queequeg wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure that I'd be able to sell it whole. I am concerned that shipping would be prohibitive for many people.

Here is a list of what I have.

Twilight Imperium, 3rd Edition, manifest

1 rules of play
43 hexagonal systems
10 home systems
1 Mecatol Rex
32 generic systems
51 planet cards
144 technology cards
103 action cards
60 political cards
30 objective cards
20 trade cards, 2 for each race
10 race sheets
150 control markers, 15 for each race (except)
Missing 1 control marker, L1z1x Mindnet
Missing 1 control marker, The Universities of Jol Nar
30 leaders, 3 for each race
160 command counters, 16 for each race
8 bonus counters
8 strategy cards
4 d10
1 speaker token
23 fighter supplement counters
23 ground forces supplement counters
40 trade goods counters
44 domain counters
6 sets of ships (black, blue, green, purple, red and yellow all present)
5 dreadnoughts
4 carriers
8 cruisers
8 destroyers
2 war suns
12 ground forces
10 fighters
6 PDS
3 space docks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still say it doesn't hurt to put it on the market, let them know they are responsible for shipping. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll pay it. I just got a copy of Chaos in the Old World, hard to find now, from Canada but even with shipping it was less than the inflated prices online by far. If you want to, I have a copy of the game and the expansions already, I'm not trying to talk you into it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Reuhl
United States
Yorkville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in for the ships if you are piecing it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
queequeg wrote:
Tell me what the correct cost is, or where I'd find that information.

The correct cost is 2, but 1st Ed had misprinted Race Sheets with 1 instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel C.
United States
Deshler
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be interested in buying several parts of this if you are piecing it out. I would likely be interested in 1 or 2 sets of plastic, all the domain counters, the planets, a couple sets of races worth of cardboard (any races), and maybe even more (price depending... message me if interested). If you are willing to take the time to parse all the parts out to different people then I would propose you really consider it since you can likely get more for that and really help some people who are looking for specific bits but not a whole set.

As for the whole game, 70-80 bucks plus shipping should be a fair price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
queequeg wrote:
Really? The box has a ding or two in it. The shipping would be high, I'd wager since the box is so big.

Jason

ajpl wrote:
I'd buy the empty box!

Being a box with so much stuff (particularly if you have the expansion) in it it gets broken quick if you play it a fair bit. I threw mine out and use a cardboard box instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
queequeg wrote:

Jason

ajpl wrote:
I'd buy the empty box!

Being a box with so much stuff (particularly if you have the expansion) in it it gets broken quick if you play it a fair bit. I threw mine out and use a cardboard box instead

Got it. Truth be told, several people are looking for a box. I did not appreciate that. I apologize if anyone was offended by my dismissing this request.

Me a culpa. I'll release the tax returns AND the deleted e-mails.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to part it out. Oddly enough, there have been several requests for the box. That will be pricey to ship.

Twilight Imperium, 3rd Edition, manifest

1 rules of play
1 box (photos furnished upon request, easiest way is to PM me your personal e-mail address)
43 hexagonal systems
- 10 home systems
- 1 Mecatol Rex
- 32 generic systems
51 planet cards
144 technology cards
103 action cards
60 political cards
30 objective cards
10 race sheets (incorrect price for PDS listed as 1)
- L1z1x Mindnet, 14 left
- The Universities of Jol Nar, 13 left
- All others, 15 left
8 bonus counters
8 strategy cards
4 d10
1 speaker token
40 trade goods counters
44 domain counters

Let me know if there is something you need. No reasonable offer will be rejected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I just purchased a dinged copy on BGGMarket last week for $38 USD. The contents are all in great shape and while the box is a little damaged, it still functions as a good box.

Add to that laminated player aids and additional easy setup notes and I think this was quite the steal. Still, I wouldn't have minded paying the seller an additional $25 for what I received.

Morals of the story:

1. BGGMarket is a GREAT place to find used games fairly inexpensively
2. The BGG community is pretty generous and fair when it comes to games

I wouldn't be surprised if you find many appreciative fans of TI3 with your piecemeal strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm broke at the moment, but if you still have the domain counters in a week or so, I'll take them. Maybe racial leaders and cc's too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The piecing it out continues. Thanks to those of you who have purchased stuff already. There was one request to ship some parts to the UK, but the USPS is just not cooperative with international shipping (they would not budge from $22 for shipping). THAT was a wasted trip to the post office.

Thanks,
Jason

1 rules of play
1 box (photos furnished upon request, easiest way is to PM me your personal e-mail address)
43 hexagonal systems
- 10 home systems
- 1 Mecatol Rex
- 32 generic systems
51 planet cards
144 technology cards
103 action cards
60 political cards
30 objective cards
10 race sheets (incorrect price for PDS listed as 1)
- L1z1x Mindnet, 14 left
- The Universities of Jol Nar, 13 left
- All others, 15 left

8 bonus counters
8 strategy cards
4 d10
1 speaker token
40 trade goods counters
44 domain counters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't someone already get the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason is really awesome, very honest, very reasonable prices, ships quickly, buy from Jason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Simmons
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FYI my TI3 friends, I was at the Miniature Market retail store here in St. Louis today and they had three copies of TI3 in their ding & dent section for 50% off (about $45+tax).

Two boxes had very minor damage, and one didn't seem to be damaged at all. I already have two sets, so just thought I'd put that out there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was in St Louis....shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.