Hide
5 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Missions -- replacing undesirable Missions on the board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conall K
msg tools
Question about Missions. Suppose the 2 Mission cards on the board are not desirable to any player (ie. no one is interested in claiming either Mission). Is there a mechanism for replacing the available Missions, other than actually claiming a Mission?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Claiming and then abandon/discard it. When you claim one, another is immediately drawn and populated on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is an official mechanism. We play a variant. When missions go up in the board, we put a 6-sides die on it. Each time every player has had a turn, we roll the die down one pip. If no one claims the mission before it rolls down from 1 to zero, we replace the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is been doing lately is, whenever a war/peace event is drawn, I replace both missions with new missions. I read on here (forgot where exactly) about people using the war/peace events to represent the passage of time for other things like this. It keeps things a bit more random so you never know how long a mission will be available for.

I always felt missions were ignored often in this game. Unless it happened to start (and end) somewhere near by, it was rarely worth it to go out of your way to do one. So having them change more often helps, no matter what method you use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the best board game site on the internet!

We have used the d6 count down and we play with a variant where we put out missions equal to the number of players. Sometimes we combine the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.