BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Game suggestions for 4-5 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carter Lowe
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Looking for a new game for my birthday next week, but not exactly sure what to ask for. I would kind of like to add something new to my game library (e.g. new mechanics, new gameplay, new dynamics, etc).

Some of my favorite games in my library right now are: Power Grid, Agricola, Roll for the Galaxy, 7 Wonders, and Biblios.

Some of my friends that I play with enjoy the social deduction/deception of games like Resistance and Secret Hitler.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P.I.

Tobago

Mystery of the Abbey

Letters from Whitechapel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica - Great with both 4 or 5 players. I personally prefer 5 player games.

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game - Apparently not the best with 5, but can be done.

Both of these games are great, have deduction/deception, and mechanics dissimilar to the other games you listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Player - El Grande
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stockpile- IMO one of the best auction games
Acquire- An old Classic
Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King- Seriously a must have IMO
Then there are the classic Euros like Puerto Rico, Caylus and some really nice ones like Viticulture, Marco Polo etc....the list can go on and on, but what might help is may be making the preferences a little more specific...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you and your friends like social interaction among players but you also want a strategy game, then the above suggestions of Stockpile and El Grande are very good. Stockpile in particular is lively fun and it doesn't bog down or take too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.