7 Posts

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: A used (flipped) fleet + interception defense rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chase wind
msg tools
mbmbmb
I want to rebase a flipped fleet during movement. My opponent wants to intercept. Does my fleet defend normally, or would it be similar to an air wing that is flipped being counter aired?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inverted naval units can change base as normal during the movement phase, and if intercepted, they fight at whatever factor strength they have. The inversion does not affect their combat ability: it only means they cannot perform an interception or offensive mission until their next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Monteiro
Portugal
Porto
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very clear and helpuful, Fangotango. Woud it be possible for you to mention the actual rules or FAQs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quick answer is that nowhere in the rules is it mentioned that inverted naval units fight at zero or reduced strength. For air units, the rules explicitly do state that inverted air units fight at zero strength if attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, note that a very similar question was asked in the rules forums not so long ago: "Naval combat involving inverted fleets. What happens there?". Just scroll down the rules forum page, it is about 12 positions down from this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
maumau wrote:
Very clear and helpuful, Fangotango. Would it be possible for you to mention the actual rules or FAQs?

29.2 DQB May inverted (previously used) naval units make a base change?
A. Yes – a naval unit may change base and perform an activity resulting inversion, in either order, in the same turn.

Since the combat rules do not state that the combat factors must come from uninverted fleets, rule 29.5711 applies to both fleets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chase wind
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks; that's what I figured seeing as there was no mention, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a slip on the rule writer's part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.