Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. So me and my wife got through books 1-4 tonight and decided to continue play over the next few days. As such, we are looking at how we want to store the cards in the box. There are 3 main cavities to use (the middle cavity with the boxes and the two side cavities). We are keeping the boxes for now so we can potentially store everything by box again when we are finished. What are people finding as the best way to store their cards while going through their first series play?

We are also sleeving the Starter and Hogwarts cards in UltraPro sleeves which add some thickness. Right now, we have the Starter/Character/Turn Order cards in one small cavity and the other cards in the other small cavity (with the included dividers with their respective cards).

I actually want to keep this insert as it holds everything well (so far) so let's avoid the "throw away the insert" posts unless you found a fun/creative/efficient way to make it work.

Also, if you have finished the game, how are you storing everything afterwards? I am thinking of printing cards that are about the same size as the dividers (but slightly shorter) that divide each card type by the box number if it is necessary (location cards would not need it for example). I am just brainstorming so any input is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
I have the boxes where they come at the start. Then I use the smaller side section for the (sleeved) Hogwarts cards, and the sleeved dark arts deck. The rest can fit into the larger space. This is up to game 5. With game 7, it may be difficult to fit everything, but we'll have to see. I also use the narrow side space for the tokens, but I keep them in baggies because that space is really not useful as is.

I'm eagerly awaiting a more elegant storage solution (looking at you BrokenToken), but until then the stuff they include is functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.