$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 88.48

5,794 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Talon» Forums » General

Subject: Any changes planned for the reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if there were any changes planned for the upcoming reprint of Talon?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fallen wrote:
Just wondering if there were any changes planned for the upcoming reprint of Talon?
The lamination will be slightly changed. People were reporting that the previous one could build up residue (that still could be easily cleaned off with a damp paper towel)
The new lamination will be the same that GMT uses for their boxes and will not have that problem.

If there are any written rules in it I'd assume that they will reflect the errata that has come out since the original was published.
I doubt that there will be a complete rule book included though.
Ignore this, too early in the morning and I was thinking about the expansion, not reprint...

The new rule book will almost certainly be updated to include the errata.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
If there are any written rules in it I'd assume that they will reflect the errata that has come out since the original was published. I doubt that there will be a complete rule book included though.

I wonder what makes you say this. The component list on the GMT page (www.gmtgames.com/p-581-talon-reprint-edition.aspx) includes a rulebook, and I haven't heard of a game that doesn't include a rulebook. Did the first edition of Talon not include a printed rulebook?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
If there are any written rules in it I'd assume that they will reflect the errata that has come out since the original was published. I doubt that there will be a complete rule book included though.

I wonder what makes you say this. The component list on the GMT page (www.gmtgames.com/p-581-talon-reprint-edition.aspx) includes a rulebook, and I haven't heard of a game that doesn't include a rulebook. Did the first edition of Talon not include a printed rulebook?
My only excuse is that it is early in the morning and that's why my brain substituted "expansion" where it said "reprint" blush
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot believe the game is hung up in "Not There Yet" mode. It sold out super quick and I believe it would again. I think this is one of those times the P500 list fails to know the market.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
I cannot believe the game is hung up in "Not There Yet" mode. It sold out super quick and I believe it would again. I think this is one of those times the P500 list fails to know the market.
"Not There Yet" simply means that it doesn't have 500 orders. It is already scheduled for a reprint next February IIRC.

The 500 orders are definitely not a hard and fast rule, especially reprints are quite often done before any given number is reached.
The P500 system might not know the market, but GMT at large still does
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad to know it is being reprinted despite the "Not There Yet" classification. But February? Darn, I was hoping to find a copy before then. The game looks fantastic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance that GMT could offer a P500 upgrade kit for those of us who have the 1st edition of the game. Say just the new ship counter sheets and the new rule & playbook manuals?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
Oliver Upshaw wrote:
Any chance that GMT could offer a P500 upgrade kit for those of us who have the 1st edition of the game. Say just the new ship counter sheets and the new rule & playbook manuals?


Sell your old now, buy the new with the proceeds when it comes out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
Sell your old now, buy the new with the proceeds when it comes out.

I'm in the market! GM me if you're considering selling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the new lamination from the expansion is making it in? Was there any errata of note that is also being incorporated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Some rule book stuff. That's about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Some rule book stuff. That's about it.


But not the new lamination process that is being used in the expansion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I believe the new lamination should be on the reprint.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
No, I believe the new lamination should be on the reprint.


Hope GMT will sell some spares. I want them all to match.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
recon28501 wrote:
Hope GMT will sell some spares. I want them all to match.


GMT definitely won't refuse to sell you the new version just because you have the old one.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
recon28501 wrote:
Hope GMT will sell some spares. I want them all to match.


GMT definitely won't refuse to sell you the new version just because you have the old one.


I was referring to just the ship counters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
recon28501 wrote:
I was referring to just the ship counters.


If you want GMT to sell them separately, that's most of what's in the box as it is. By the time you take into account the cost of providing customized products, it seems like it's going to cost practically as much as just rebuying the whole game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
recon28501 wrote:
I was referring to just the ship counters.


If you want GMT to sell them separately, that's most of what's in the box as it is. By the time you take into account the cost of providing customized products, it seems like it's going to cost practically as much as just rebuying the whole game.


Well, when I opened my 1st edition copy, I had a lot more than just ship counters.

Edit: Spelling
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to conventions where GMT is a vendor, you can probably find just the counters.

I know they had just the 1st edition counters for sale at the WBC this past summer. They also had the boards, so if you are just looking to upgrade those components and can make it to a con, you can probably get just that.

They were much cheaper than the whole game. I thought about buying them just to screw around with.

(Maybe like $15...I can't remember exactly, but they were cheap enough to make me consider buying them to screw around with. )

Kevin
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
If you go to conventions where GMT is a vendor, you can probably find just the counters.

I know they had just the 1st edition counters for sale at the WBC this past summer. They also had the boards, so if you are just looking to upgrade those components and can make it to a con, you can probably get just that.

They were much cheaper than the whole game. I thought about buying them just to screw around with.

(Maybe like $15...I can't remember exactly, but they were cheap enough to make me consider buying them to screw around with. )

Kevin


Thanks Kevin for the constructive reply. I will check into it. I would think they would have extra counter sheets for any customer complaints such as damaged or missing components. Time will tell I guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am sure that GMT will have some spare parts available for sale they did prove pricey when I called them about upgrading my copy of Space Empires. My the time I was going to pay for the two rulebooks and 4 1/2 counter sheets it proved cheaper to just jump in on the tale end of the P500 campaign and get a full upgrade for not much more. I was hoping that in this case if they did a Talon Upgrade P500 stand alone for the parts upgrade instead of ordering the parts as a stand alone the price break would justify going that route instead of just P500ing the whole game again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools

    There's really not a burning need to do that since the original printing isn't disfunctional. They'd be taking a big risk to reprint those sheets in the hopes first edition buyers wanted them.

    I wasn't kidding about selling your original. The game is in demand, it would go in a heartbeat. I don't understand why you would be concerned about the issue, but to each his own. I had an offer for mine and I don't have it listed as for sale!

             S.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want just the ship counters, because of new lamination, I would contact GMT about it.

They would probably give you a pricequote or might even put just the shipcounters on P500 if people want to upgrade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oliver Upshaw wrote:
While I am sure that GMT will have some spare parts available for sale they did prove pricey when I called them about upgrading my copy of Space Empires. My the time I was going to pay for the two rulebooks and 4 1/2 counter sheets it proved cheaper to just jump in on the tale end of the P500 campaign and get a full upgrade for not much more.

...does this mean that you have an old edition of Space Empires that you're looking to get rid of? whistle...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.