Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in one of the recent videos about this game, Paul Grogan mentioned that Adrenaline will include 3 different game modes. The one that has been shown so far is "deathmatch" (that's the typical eurogame mode ) and then he mentioned a "dominance" mode, which sounded sort of like capture and hold with capture points spread around the map.

Does anybody have any idea (or guesses) as to what a possible 3rd mode could be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe something like Team Deathmatch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea that was my thought as well, but since the game is (maybe 2) 3-5 players then this mode would be limited to 4 players exclusively, or perhaps 2 players controlling two characters each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capture the flag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one kind of worried that they are still testing game modes three weeks before the release? I mean I'm not really worried, I would buy the game with only deathmatch mode, and I feel like the other modes are just a bonus.

Anyway, my idea would be a mode where they will give you secret goals (for example hit three people in one shot).
I'm pretty sure it's not team DM because the game mechanisms already promote not ganging up on one person so it would be kind of redundant. But I guess 2v2 (you could even turn it into a kind of moba game with an expansion adding a 6th player)would work just fine too. You could probably give each other weapons and ammo. Or maybe 1 vs all where one player is superstrong. For capture the flag the map just seems to small, but maybe when you have the flag you have limited movement so you have to cooperate with your teammate to effectively carry it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure they are done with the testing of game-modes by now.

I agreed that the maps seem too small for capture the flag unless they implement a movement restriction on the flag carrier. But that might just work
Yea if Adrenaline becomes a success then an expansion with new maps and a 6th player seems like an obvious addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More discussion on here than in my first sneak preview

More will be revealed in future previews. And yes, everything is finished now, rulebook is being finalised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

More will be revealed in future previews. And yes, everything is finished now, rulebook is being finalised.

It's nice to hear that

According to the ludovox interview at the time of GenCon there were problems with the third mode. Did they fix that, or come up with another mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agner wrote:
I'm pretty sure they are done with the testing of game-modes by now.

Okay I gotta admit the video I meant was filmed at GenCon, but it was only posted on BGG three days ago. That's why I said they're still testing. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping they got a good simple AI system working and it is a hoard mode. But that would be more miniatures, a delay and a higher price. Expansion perhaps?

I also have some ideas for capture the flag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wallwaster wrote:
According to the ludovox interview at the time of GenCon there were problems with the third mode. Did they fix that, or come up with another mode?
The interview with me
Shame that the interview went out just now, because the information in there was quite dated And yes, we fixed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

Is there a good chance of this being completed for Essen? I understand that is the hope, but is there any more news on that? And will there be preorder available for Essen if it is going to be there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the BGG sneak previews. I wouldn't be doing them if the game wasn't going to be at Essen
Pre-Order is already open for it. CGE have announced it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Check out the BGG sneak previews. I wouldn't be doing them if the game wasn't going to be at Essen

Great! Preordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

When is the expected USA store date? (broadly speaking)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a King of the Hill scenario? Someone gets a bunch of weapons and unlimited ammo and the rest have to kill him.

Where is that rulebook? I have nothing to read...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.