$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 57.82

4,187 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26.4% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am resigned to the fact that I won't be able to get hold of a collectors edition of this, so I would like to pimp out/proxy my regular edition to make it even more lovely. One of the biggest things are the awesome resin buildings and minions. Does anyone know where you can get something similar? Happy for it to be painted or unpainted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
So I am resigned to the fact that I won't be able to get hold of a collectors edition of this, so I would like to pimp out/proxy my regular edition to make it even more lovely. One of the biggest things are the awesome resin buildings and minions. Does anyone know where you can get something similar? Happy for it to be painted or unpainted.
there are 3 editions:
The normal one has carboard money and the map is smaller than the others.
The Collector's edition has a larger map, wooden coins, carboard player aids(with a spelling error ), and no mention of the number between 7 and 9.
The deluxe edition is the one that has the resin buildings, minions, and trouble markers, besides what the Collector's edition has.

I've seen a few attempts at making similar pieces at home, in the pictures section, but I haven't seen anything you can just buy to "upgrade" a non-deluxe version.

Hope this helps.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
So I am resigned to the fact that I won't be able to get hold of a collectors edition of this, so I would like to pimp out/proxy my regular edition to make it even more lovely. One of the biggest things are the awesome resin buildings and minions. Does anyone know where you can get something similar? Happy for it to be painted or unpainted.
there are 3 editions:
The normal one has carboard money and the map is smaller than the others.
The Collector's edition has a larger map, wooden coins, carboard player aids(with a spelling error ), and no mention of the number between 7 and 9.
The deluxe edition is the one that has the resin buildings, minions, and trouble markers, besides what the Collector's edition has.

I've seen a few attempts at making similar pieces at home, in the pictures section, but I haven't seen anything you can just buy to "upgrade" a non-deluxe version.

Hope this helps.


Yeah I know all about the different editions...

As my OP says I know I'm not going to be able to pickup the deluxe one so I'm looking for ideas and suggestions for what I can use. While I'm sure your post is well meaning it isn't in the least bit helpful and doesn't even begin to answer my question
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
el porkoz
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
While I'm sure your post is well meaning it isn't in the least bit helpful and doesn't even begin to answer my question



bahaha. that's a big rough, don't you think? you used the term "collectors edition" and then proceeded to describe the deluxe edition. it was pretty cool of "Phelan" to try and clarify your demonstrated misunderstanding.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
elporkoz wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
While I'm sure your post is well meaning it isn't in the least bit helpful and doesn't even begin to answer my question



bahaha. that's a big rough, don't you think? you used the term "collectors edition" and then proceeded to describe the deluxe edition. it was pretty cool of "Phelan" to try and clarify your demonstrated misunderstanding.


Ok possibly a little harsh and I apologise for that - however I still stand by it doesn't relate to what I actually asked.

I'm aware I got the names for the different editions wrong but thats irrelevant. My question was "does anyone know where I can get similar building minis" and he didn't answer that. I didn't ask what the different editions were or what was in them. Great that he's taken the time to write out that whole answer but it's kind of pointless as its not really anything to do with my question. If someone is subscribed to this game they probably know a bit about it and will know how rare anything but the basic edition is so will understand what I was getting at.

All I was asking for was suggestions for items I could use for my game, as I won't be able to get the official resin models.

Sorry if you think my answer was harsh or OTT, but I just see way to many posts with someone replying that has nothing to do with the OP, answering a different question or supplying unneeded information.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since the game was released, there have been no suggestions of items that would be a good replacement for the meeples, in these forums.
Maybe someone new might come up with something in the future.

The only suggestions I have seen, like I said before, were in the pictures section, homemade sculpts:



Hope this feels more relevant.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that is useful! Having done some research it was looking like I would have to make my own, so we shall see! Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
I've seen a few attempts at making similar pieces at home, in the pictures section, but I haven't seen anything you can just buy to "upgrade" a non-deluxe version.


whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.