Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 7 in the "Before You Play" section, it says "Draw one alert at a time from the face-up alerts next to the Alert deck." And continue until you have done 5 alerts.

In the earlier Setup section (page 4) it says to shuffle the three Alert decks separately and place them face-down on top of each other, and then to draw two face-up.

So per page 7's instructions, am I using those two face-up ones first, and then drawing three more?

And then should I draw two more to be the "see what's coming" before actually starting? Or, I would think, at that point, I should have to use the Bridge action to do that.

I assume that's the case, but it's a bit confusing as written. I would suggest removing the instruction on page 4 to draw two face-up, and just have as part of the overall setup to draw 5 alerts for the initial damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
It's actually important in some cases that you do it exactly as described, because of this situation:

Let's say one of your first 4 cards is something that knocks the External Scanners offline. When that goes offline, it takes the other card in the face up position with it, getting you 1 step closer to orange alerts quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
And then should I draw two more to be the "see what's coming" before actually starting? Or, I would think, at that point, I should have to use the Bridge action to do that.

You don't need to use any actions on the Bridge to see the 2 face up cards. They're revealed immediately if the External Scanners are online. When the first Alert is triggered, the second is shifted (to become the new first) and a new card is flipped over for the new second, so there are always 2 alerts showing if the Scanners are online. If the first alert destroys the External Scanners, the second is discarded as well (so it's a doubly bad thing), so there are 0 showing. If the Scanners are fixed, 2 cards are immediately flipped over. There should never be 1 card showing after an alert card is triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.