3 Posts

Epic Dice Tower Defense» Forums » Variants

Subject: Campaign System rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eamon Linger
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey guys I was wondering of the viability of a Solo or Coop campaign system. I was thinking along the lines of this.

1st Game, Officer Cadet

“The King has tasked you with a simple mission to test your merits as an officer in his army. You have been charged with clearing out of an upstart Goblin Chieftain named Zug-Zug. Use whatever forces you feel are necessary to bring the Chieftain to heel. We have sent you what loyal Goblins remain in the ranks…but it is quite…limited.”

Zug-Zug the Goblin Chieftain
Special ability: Goblins gain a 2nd Bonus wave if their special ability is rolled twice.
Buy phase: 2 gold on Towers, 3 Gold on Goblins, you can buy only 1 gold worth of Goblins
Attack phase: Will always attack the weakest lane.

Win: “You have proved your worth as an officer in His Majesty’s Army and brought the Chieftain under Crown control. For dealing with this matter so well I hear by promote you to Lieutenant.”

Lose: It was all just a dream…(Restart your campaign)

You are just finishing your morning coffee when a runner bursts through your door. “I’m sorry sir; this is just in from the Capitol. It was sent with the upmost urgency!” What could this be? You wonder to yourself. You have been given quite a nice posting here. The border is fairly here, apart from the odd Orc raid and the VERY rare troll attack you haven’t seen much action. You crack open the wax seal and begin to read.

Lieutenant,

We are now at War; this is an official request for you regiment to march to the Capitol. You will be stationed there with enough men to control the Border fort but all extra levies are to march immediately. Keep the border safe. You and your command are the only thing protecting the farmlands. They MUST be protected at all cost. Without that food the army will starve. We here at High Command have the upmost confidence in your skills. You are being left with your platoon mage to assist in your spells, an engineer if you feel the need to construct any war machines, a full levy of goblins, a squad of orc raiders and a squad of harpies and your were-rat auxiliary. All other troops are to report to Major Riverhill at the Capitol as soon as possible. Best of luck Lieutenant we have faith in you.

General Stoneheart

“I need all the sergeants and the quarter master on the double, private.” “What is it sir?” “War.”

2nd Game, Lieutenant

It’s been a few months since you received the letter from General Stoneheart. News has trickled through about the war. It is not looking good. Lately more and more zombie attacks have been happening at your keep. You sent a scout out to find out more information and he has just returned. “What have you found out Corporal?” “Sir, it is a necromancer. She is calling herself Morridith of the Shadows. She is responsible for the zombies sir. It seems like she is using the local cemeteries to fuel her arts as well as hiring some orc raiders from the nearby mountains. She is amassing an army as we speak! They will be here any moment!” The alarm bells started to ring as soon as the scout finished his statement. “Get to your squad Corporal!”

Morridith of the Shadows the Necromancer
Special ability: Morridith is always considered to have the Necromancy Spell purchased. You cannot use the Necromancy Spell.
Buy phase: 1 gold on towers, 3 gold on zombies. 1 gold on orcs. You may not purchase Zombies.
Attack phase: Randomly will attack a tower, first with the orcs then with the zombies.
Army Compoistion: Unlimited goblins, all spells (except Necromancy), catapults, 1 gold worth of Orcs, 1 Gold worth or Harpies, 1 Were-rat

Win: You have defeated Morridith and have gained her grudging respect. She has agreed to aid you in the defense for the keep in exchange for you allowing her to use the enemy casualties for her arts. You may now have Zombies in your army composition.

Lose: You may have lost the battle but you have bloodied Morridith enough that she has left the area for easier prey. You have lost your detachment of Orc Raiders in the bloody fight. Your Mage has gained new insight into the necromantic arts and believes with a bit of time he may be able to use them in the defense of the keep. You may now use the Necromancy spell. You can begin to use Zombies in the 4th Game. You have lost your one gold worth of raiders.

After the most recent battle you return to the keep with a letter waiting on your desk.

Lieutenant,
It is with great sorrow that I write to you to inform you that Captain Johnstone has passed away. He recommended you quite highly to replace his command. I hear by promote you to the rank of Captain. Best of luck.

General Stone Heart

You sit back in your chair and take stock of the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Potluck Games

Utah
msg tools
publisher
The solo rules will include cards of varying difficulty levels, so they may be fought in order, which I consider "campaign style."

More advanced campaign scenarios may be released in the future as PDFs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eamon Linger
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey Potluck,

That makes sense! I will still keep plucking away at this :) I like the idea of longer reach consequences to your choice in terms of the win/lose conditions! When (thats right WHEN! Im optimistic!) im excited to see what else you have in mind for the rivals!

Eamon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.